View Full Version : Melancholy

pipicacassosso
08-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Oil on cardboard 12"x16":

http://www.ozmafans.com/hanoch/images/%27Melancholy%27.jpg

Tamana
08-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Yesssss!!! lol Right with ya brutha!! :D

I love the way that such muted colors can be so vibrant in your paintings. The capture of emotion on a yellow (signifying the sun - to me), face is great. Your paintings are deep. They pull the eyes in to search for something that's not there. It's an illusion. Everything is right before them, simply.

pipicacassosso
08-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks sooo much, Tam. I think you're really looking through some of my stuff, as though you were looking at some transperancy from the back side. You put it in words, as I said before, much better than I ever could.
I am very familiar with works of many modern and not-so-modern masters and less-than-masters. I am most certaily influenced by those who manage to evoke a serious sensation in me time and time again. I must be borrowing, possibly without even noticing, from their works. I do NOT want to do Rothko, Soutine, Modigliani, Rouault, Odillon Redon or de Kooning over and over. What's the point?? I don't even want to do the works of Brut Artists that I like so much (I'll post a good link soon). As I said before, I am only trying to use the humble means in my possession to express what I have to say in the most personal way I can. I only have to hope that my personal expression mean something to other people. When people put their hands in their pockets, they send a significant applause my way.

arourapope
08-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Yes. Very well said. Paint Pipicacassossos instead. You paint them so well. I love that gold face, the red arms, and all the rest. She's been stood up. :mad: This is nicely realized and eloquent.

heh
08-16-2003, 01:01 PM
mmmmm red
i like lines that are bold
sure of themself when everything else is uncertain

axxxel
08-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Bloody hands ... like the use of colors and the implementation .
Very nice :)

Maysun
08-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Pipi -

Both my hands are in my pockets.

Maysun:D

jnet11
08-16-2003, 05:30 PM
thanks for posting, enjoy the tension and centeredness existing together in this one