PDA

View Full Version : Painting again!!!

arourapope
08-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey hey!
Well, I'm painting again, and having a great time doing it. I've got two new ones for you. These will be part of a series of hopefully eight.
This one is Silentship . It's 24 x 36, oil, ink and wax paper on panel.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/568-silentship.jpg
detail:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/568-silentshipdetail.jpg

This one is Coversion . Same size as the other. Oil and wax paper on panel.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/568-coversion.jpg
detail:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/568-coversiondetail.jpg
Hope you're all doing well.
:)

heh
08-15-2003, 01:21 PM
:eek: *blinks* :eek: paint!

the first is like a good film blur
beautiful werk
they are very loud quiet things

nice to see your paint again
i bet you'll have all that studio room completely filled with new things in two weeks
perhaps three

ordie4
08-15-2003, 01:26 PM
well, it is about damn time:p :p

have enjoyed your drawings to....

this is nice and lush. looks like there is a good 1/2 of paint on the surface. quite nice imo

o

Gar
08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Back to the grind.:D

You have one of the most delicate palette knifes i've ever seen. these are very sensual and fully realized.

blkros
08-15-2003, 04:10 PM
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!
Yay!! Exquisite as always.

Tamana
08-15-2003, 04:54 PM
I love when color defines separation of form. The application is exquisite. They are beautiful and sad at the same time, especially the first. Such a beautiful person silenced in the world. Does silentship symbolize citizenship -- except that we really have no voice? Well, despite, the beauty of us remains.

I look forward to the rest of the series.

Oh, I am trying to contact a friend up in ashville with some connections. :) I'll keep you posted.

jenna_searcher
08-15-2003, 04:56 PM
hi, aurora :)

oooh these are nice. love the dark side of the face and the color combinations on the first, and those killer yellow/golden tones on the cheeks of the second.
thanks for posting! :)

sec
08-15-2003, 06:19 PM
ohhhhhh these are so wonderfully done. i've been in a painting rut the past couple days - thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!

somerset
08-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Like both, but the fish-eyed beauty of Coversion really speaks to me.

arourapope
08-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey All!
I'm so glad these are working for you. I'm really enjoying painting them. Feels so good to get all that paint moving and squishing around again. The wax paper is fun too. I have loads of packaging material from the move and a lot of it is going to make its way into this series. What struck me as funny, and not so funny, really, was that I'd forgotten I was almost out of all my favorite colors of paint. Had to place a HUGE order today. lol. Oops.
Tam, you caught it. :) I was trying for subtlety. lol. Don't tell anyone. Shhhhh. lol. You definately need to let me know when you're back in Asheville again. We could go meet and hang for awhile.
Whatcha guys gonna do this weekend? Anything fun going on?

inkskin
08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Ah! this is stunning! I saw your tinyhead in another post and was dying to know what it was.It did not disappoint.

I was wondering, you said this was oil,ink and wax paper on panel. I don't know anything about how you would use the wax paper. How is that done?

Heather

arourapope
08-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Hi Heather! Thanks! I needed to change the tiny head. It's been the same for a long time now. lol.
I have no idea if there is a proper way to use wax paper. I just squeegeed it onto the wet paint and added a bit of paint on top of it. I think (hope) that the wax coating on the paper will be enough protection from the oils for the paper. It's an experiment, but something I've been wanting to try for awhile. :)

Tamana
08-15-2003, 11:18 PM
I just pulled up the list on Abstract and we were both at the top with those huge smily faces and exclamation marks. hahahaha Doesn't take much to make us happy does it?!!!

Some paint & some wood!!! hahahaah

scorpio32
08-16-2003, 12:27 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! aurora--SO GLAD you are painting again,I swear I'm gonna own one of those awesome artworks someday,you inspire me so much.......thank you!!

dave

Salairawns
08-17-2003, 01:51 AM
So mysterious. I especially like the second and how the mouth just sort of secrets itself away.
Celena

El_Elegante
08-17-2003, 05:37 AM
very nice.. I like. glad to hear your settled in.. i'll be doing the big move next month.. so I may be out for a while.

RickS
08-17-2003, 12:06 PM
I've been waiting to see more of your stuff---wonderful, as always...

christinabella
08-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Very very mysterious, I love the thickness.

reynolds
08-18-2003, 02:10 PM
so very nice to see you your work again my friend. of course, i like them yet they have left me wordless (a good thing).

as for the wax paper, melting it is really fun too. i have used an embossing gun for that and the effect is different and engaging.
for that matter i have melted saran wrap as well as the bags that onions come in...each has a different strong point depending on the effect you are looking for.

arourapope
08-18-2003, 03:42 PM
what cool ideas, Rennie! I might have to get an embossing gun. I guess that would be safe around oil paints? At least as safe as heating wax was, you think?

reynolds
08-18-2003, 03:52 PM
not sure about the safety but i know for me painting is an alchemical process and i must have heat...i have used the embossing gun with rubbing alcohol and not had any combustion incidents...

Adrienne
08-19-2003, 08:03 AM
So sad...

Choosing silence despite the betrayal, the lesions on the surface publicly speaking (though the mouth does not) of the depth of hurt from the public attack...

I can relate to your images...

AmyH
08-19-2003, 03:39 PM
good going, glad your up and "running" again.

james.bishop
08-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Inspiring :)

arourapope
08-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Rennie... :D
Hi Adrienne. Where've you been?
James, Amyh, thanks for dropping in!