PDA

View Full Version : Journey

Veronica
08-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Acrylic & sand on two 12x24 panels (stretched canvas). Comment, critique, hi to the basement clan. The comp works both horizontally & vertically.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/6235-journey1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/6235-journey2.jpg

Tamana
08-15-2003, 07:32 AM
I love the colors and sand. Haven't tried that yet but I would love to. I'm not sure how I like the composition: horizontal/vertical!! It's very interesting that you designed it like that. Took some clever thought and time.

Well done and glad you're back!!

blkros
08-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Love the depth you've gotten with the 'simple' shapes.
And--I love those umbers.

pipicacassosso
08-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Hi Veronica;
Love the bold colours and composition. The texture is very exciting. You're an artist, you don't need to look back.

ordie4
08-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by blkros
Love the depth you've gotten with the 'simple' shapes.
And--I love those umbers.

exactly

jnet11
08-15-2003, 09:21 AM
I'm enjoying this new direction (or new to me at least:)) how do you feel about leaving the figures behind?

j*

heh
08-15-2003, 09:55 AM
that painting is alive
i can feel its heart pound

Veronica
08-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Thx Tam, it is nice to be back in the loop!

Keith I'm glad you showed up, we share a passion for the umbers. Always reaching for depth, it's an elusive thing. I'm gonna pm you re: blogging. Stay tuned.

Pipicacassosso I'm so glad it works for you. I'll check out your work and get back in the loop here once the weekend is a memory.

Hey Ordie I've missed you!

J* I'm still painting the figurative pieces for one gallery, have an opening tonight but they are losing their flavor. These are all for me and all about me. I am loving the process of painting whatever moves me. I was in bondage when I came here and you guys showed me the way, for now these are my artsy heartbeat.

Hi Dena....so glad you can feel this one. Feels very good to be back here with you guys.

Veronica
08-15-2003, 11:11 AM
here ya go....the tones are skewed at the bottom but you get the vision.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/6235-1journey2.jpg

Tamana
08-15-2003, 11:15 AM
How am I suppose to choose?!!!!

I love the faded descent on the vertical, but the horizontal seems to have more depth or something. Vibrancy maybe. Or maybe on the vertical there's one main focal point with the others being disjointed as to where in the horizontal everything seems connected...

Choices choices...

blkros
08-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh my! It's modular! Heehee. Now that's totally cool.

somerset
08-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Funny. I was thinking about you today. Then I got to your remarks and now that I have time to check out the board and I find this.

I saw right away that your work could be oriented horizontally & vertically. Glad it has become all about you. You have to love it first, everyone else is secondary.

arourapope
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Woohooo!!!! What an entrance you make. I loooove the vertical, but I'm also really excited that you can move this one around. How cool. The colors are exciting, the shapes are rockin, and this is way fun. Good to see your smiling face. :D

Alan Cross
08-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Veronica Hi did you take a leave of absence ? Good job on the colors and comp!
Alan :)

Maysun
08-16-2003, 07:52 PM
BoLd aNd BeEOOTi FuL !!:D

Maysun:)

surreal
08-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Nice work!!!
Like the bold colors.:)

Veronica
08-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Tam it's all about choices, eh.

Blk you make me laugh, yeah I guess this makes me a modulargrrl.

Yeah Michael, we are seeing the bigger picture in the same vein. I'm flattered you were thinking of me & reeled me back in.

Well Aurora you are the best. And you're fun! I lovelovelove your new work and am celebrating you're back in the alchemy studio. Hey pls give me the scoop on wax paper/oil. Do you scrunch it up & paint on it? I'm guessing the dried pigments below & above secure it. ?

Hi Alan, yeah I checked out for a season. Thx for the comments, glad it works for you.

Hey thank you Maysun!!!!!

Surreal, thank you. So nice to see you in the lineup.