PDA

View Full Version : musical

jnet11
08-14-2003, 05:13 PM
here are a couple of my new oils, just dried ... all comments, critiques, hellos, howareyas welcome
this one is from life
"Making Music"
9x12
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2003/1089-heinrich_MakingMusic.jpg
annadetail:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2003/1089-detail_MakingMusic.jpg

and a companion, from the imagination ...
"Listening To Music"
9 x 12
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2003/1089-heinrich_ListeningToMusic.jpg
annadetail:

Koert
08-14-2003, 05:24 PM
the first one, of the man, rocks
i love your choice of colours
made me think of rik wouters, a belgian fauve (or fauvist? don't know the english word)

muchfoolishness
08-14-2003, 08:55 PM
i just sit in wonder
and eventually applaud
those colours making his neck
i dont understand how your shadows can be so bright and still somehow be shadows
you are a constant brightness

Tamana
08-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Hello. Howareya? This is remarkable. I want to paint like you when I grow up: the shadows of green and the snowcaps of eyelashes. The ruby of neck, the pink of chest. The yellow-gold of dance. They say we are all full of colors. You are just able to paint them.

I want painted by you.

brushstroked
08-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Simply scrumptious. I love the green eyes and movement of the hair in the second one.

Just...sigh.

:)

heh
08-14-2003, 09:48 PM
hullo jnet
hope life is kind

your music making is filled with soul
beautiful paintwork always
the background on the first seems…something
not worthy of being with that face
something
but i think that is a good thing
i cant even force my eyes to look at it
they push themselves back to the man
push push push
its good to see you around
i can smell the oil in those details… :D

sue ellen
08-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Making Music is amazing
I think that painting might just be more alive than the real live person.

Veronica
08-15-2003, 05:20 AM
Raw and juicy as always. Intensely intriguing. You have a magical way of feeling & painting color in the shadows. Nice to see your work again which is a reflection of the woman, brava. Your work has staying power J, it embeds itself in my artsy soul and resurrects itself for months/years. Powerful stuff.

ordie4
08-15-2003, 08:41 AM
:cool: :cool:
:cool: :cool:

like the boldness of the first and the expression of the second

jnet11
08-15-2003, 09:11 AM
thanks folks

koert, have you gotta link for him? i love the fauvists

michael, you are a star, been lovin your new work, when I'm lurking

tamana: send me a picture with nice shadows *grin* thanks for seeing

brush: many thanks

heh, life is strange ... having a brush with cancer at the moment, which is scary and full of doctors offices (ugh), also getting my girl enrolled for Kindergarten, which is all the joy I need to counteract the medical problems. I work full time, too, which is why I don't get to make it around here as much. I miss you guys a bunch, and one day dream of a luxurious life where I can surf wc all the time, lol. thanks for your beautiful words, I'm always helium when I see you've replied and offered your heart.

sue: wow thanks

veronica: you are makin my day over here :) hope you are doing well and painting much!

ordie: i think you hit the flavor on the tongue

thank you all for takin the time to speak your mind

heh
08-15-2003, 09:22 AM
much love to you jnet

Tamana
08-15-2003, 09:22 AM
I will send you two, along with prayers and well-wishes.

arourapope
08-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Oh Miss Jeanette. All the best an wonder to you. You are in my thoughts. And your paintings are yum. Always.

Veronica
08-17-2003, 09:48 PM
J* we're beside you all the way. I have a candle burning for your recovery and others. The year following my divorce was a horror saga in terms of health issues, not uncommon. I came out on the other side intact and you will too. And yeah it's the little ones who move us to a kinder space. ox

Tamana
08-17-2003, 09:54 PM

Dahzl
08-18-2003, 02:16 AM
Lovely 'Gutsy' brushtrokes with Rich globules of luscious colour!!

Fantastic Jeanette ! :D Really love your work ! Music to our eyes and food for the soul !

Take good care of yourself Jeanette - Try to have lots of rest, good organic foods and juices, indulge yourself in all the things that you love to do which brings a smile, lots of laughter or just pure pleasure for yourself. Try to create a tranquil loving calm safe place in your surroundings and even more importantly in your mind where you can 'centre ' yourself regardless of what is going on around you. -[ Stress, as we all know is one of the main causes of illness]

We are all with you and 'here' for you!:)

Love Dahzl :)

jnet11
08-18-2003, 11:26 AM
thanks so much for your support and love ... I am surrounded by great people here in real life, who are helping ease all my tensions and give me lots of laughter. I'm being well taken care of :), just to let you all know I'm not alone :)

and you folks caring so much means the world to me, too

love,
jeanette*

sue ellen
08-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I keep coming back to this painting.
It resonates long after viewing it.
I think it is extraordinary.

Hang in there :)

deevaa
08-18-2003, 11:47 PM
howareyou? I hope the answer will soooooooon be WELL.:D

(((hugs))) take care of you, and keep pumping out what you are so good at pumping out.

AmyH
08-19-2003, 04:13 PM
the second is my fav...take care...thinking about you...

amy

james.bishop
08-19-2003, 07:14 PM
echoing Amy, the second one finds a special place... sorry times are scary but glad you have people looking after you... take care hmmm

James

geckonia
09-19-2003, 11:57 AM
I love them both, but the way her hair is being brushed up by the music really intrigues me!

Sorry to hear about your other "brush" :(
We look at your paintings on our mantle every day. They bring us much joy. I will keep a candle burning there for you, my friend... peace.

VieSaintSo
09-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Jnet,
Ohhhhhh yessssss! incredible paintings, magic is the word that comes to mind. amazing colors...etc..etc....
Good luck with your health, you really rock, and I'm sure it must help you to cope....All the best to you :)