PDA

View Full Version : Will be exhibiting this one in November

jkoehler
08-14-2003, 12:48 PM
62"x52", oil on canvas

Fagan
08-14-2003, 12:52 PM
wonderful! I would like to see this in person. This painting has impact. Which gallery in Chicago? I travel to Chicago often...(well travel through on the way to Minnesota) *LOL*

Tamana
08-14-2003, 12:58 PM
What a beautiful explosion of color. It's primal: ancient. Like some ritual or offering demanded but not received. Something long ago and forgotten working its way out.

There's a figure top center barely to the right (looking), just watching it all happen like a long forsaken statue of some volcanic God.

Chicago isn't that far really from the Carolinas. Planning a road trip next summer through many parts of the woods... perhaps the museum there will be one. I would love to see some of the WC people's works in person and displayed.

jkoehler
08-14-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm actually exhibiting it in Miami. I'll post when I have shows upcoming in Chicago. Could be awhile. I don't have any gallery representation in Chicago yet. I have 2 galleries looking at me, but nothing definite yet.

Thanks for your comments.

Tamana
08-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Which gallery in Miami? And how long will the exhibit be? I am flying to Nicaragua this December via Miami.

arourapope
08-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Of all of the ones you've posted, this one grabs me the most. A meeting of the elements. A primordial mystery. Wowza. I'm betting with the size and all it's got quite an impact.
Let me know if you ever show anywhere around east TN or in North Carolina. Asheville has some nice galleries I hear, but we just moved here and I haven't looked for myself yet.

jkoehler
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Serious Studios. I believe the opening is on the 16th and will run till the 28th. Have to check for sure.

Tamana
08-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Aurora!!!! My company is located right outside of Charlotte!!! We just hosted a convention in Ashville at the Grove Park Resort & Spa. I have some friends up that way...it's my favoritest city in NC and where I want to live!! It's teeming with culture!!

arourapope
08-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Tamana
Aurora!!!! My company is located right outside of Charlotte!!! We just hosted a convention in Ashville at the Grove Park Resort & Spa. I have some friends up that way...it's my favoritest city in NC and where I want to live!! It's teeming with culture!!

Heheheh.... I've been eyeing Asheville for years. I lived in Athens, GA for a good 15 years and saw many, many very cool people from there move to Asheville. It's a pretty expensive place to live, though, from what I understand.
We're about an hour from there now and loving the location (an hour from Knoxville too!). I do plan on checking out the Asheville galleries too.... I've got to do something with all these paintings. Moving them was no fun at all! :D
Didn't mean to hijack your thread, jkoehler. Sorry.

muchfoolishness
08-14-2003, 10:43 PM
beautiful painting

jnet11
08-15-2003, 09:14 AM
what is the title?

a stunning piece, and I bet the picture does no justice. good luck on your show!

Healer
08-15-2003, 11:47 AM
beautiful work. something wonderful and colourful, frozen in ice.

Andy