PDA

View Full Version : My First Watercolour

Kandiman
06-18-2001, 01:09 PM
Hi all,
This is the first watercolour I ever painted. I used step by step instructions from a book, but I changed the painting a bit. :)
What do ya think?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jun-2001/TreePainting1.JPG
It's not quite this dark, but I haven't got the hang of tweaking things after scanning them!

Javier
06-18-2001, 01:19 PM
For a first try, I'd say you are doing fine. That looks like some really rugged country. Stay with it and keep posting. I really enjoy seeing what other people are doing and it inspires me to start another painting.

The Best,

j

Studio224
06-18-2001, 01:26 PM
Kandiman,

this is much better then the painting (the married couple) that you posted in the Critiques Forum. This is the direction to go! Keep on posting...

Anne-Claire

Kandiman
06-18-2001, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Javier and Anne Claire
this is much better then the painting (the married couple) that you posted in the Critiques Forum.
That's why I said I hated to post it as my first piece! I knew I had better, and that one needed help!! :D

billyg
06-18-2001, 04:29 PM
:D Good morning Kandiman,
For a first, like your style of application . Only comment for me would be the tree trunk is too dominant being too central. More to the left would have been better with some extra torrent showing. Keep it going your looking good.
Dont forget to Paint like a Millionaire.
Billyg :D :D :D :D

Rod
06-19-2001, 03:47 AM
Very well done for a first, you've acheived distance with your colours. As Billy said the tree slightly off center would have been better for the composition,
Rod.

taghera
06-21-2001, 12:34 AM
Excellent start, agree about the tree though. :)

MALARKEY
06-21-2001, 01:24 AM
I really like your painting... It has a nice overall look and some great color passages in there.. :D sandy

lonie
06-21-2001, 10:11 AM
lovely colours. This is a great first attempt. Well done:)

sun_merman
06-21-2001, 11:50 AM
I wish I could have done that well when I first started!
It will be exciting to see your next efforts!

ameliajordan
06-21-2001, 04:28 PM
First one!! I'd say very excellent and keep working on the media. I agree with the tree dominance comments. Also would like to see more evidence that watercolor is the media - some colors running into each other - some wet in wet - some transparent washes built on top of each other. Not that these are the only way of working but if you're just starting in watercolor why not explore some of the things that only watercolor can do. From you painting, I'd say you'll learn very quickly.