PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scrumble 14-08-03

Smudger
08-14-2003, 04:36 AM
Good Day All,
Been so busy my bottom has not touched the ground!
Hope every one is well... please all send your best wishes to DS as she is feeling a bit battered and bruised at the moment... i'm sure she will back with a vengance soon tho':D

Might even get a chance today to do some more on the chelsea pic:D will post an update of course

Madder
08-14-2003, 06:15 AM
Good luck Dawn, hope you feel better soon....

I got a merit badge today! What fun! Is this something automatic or do I have to thank someone? Anyway I enjoy it!

No pastel time today but have been hired to do a few guest lectures at university here about ... translating software... so that's fun too.
Have a good one, all.

angeline
08-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Hi all..........
Dawn I hope you feel better soon.
Mo hope your preparations for the show are going ok.
i'm finding it hard to fit in pasteling with home life right now ....but hope to get some more done soon!
Look forward to the update on 'chelsea' Smudge.
Madder well done on your merit badge.

Dark_Shades
08-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Smudger
Good Day All,
Been so busy my bottom has not touched the ground!

Long legs then Smudge :evil: ;) :D

.... . just quickly popping in whilst at work :eek: ....... thank you ALL!! for your good wishes.... what a wonderful bunch of people you are......... feeling a bit better in myself today..... nice to know Ive been missed :)

You'll be sorry once Im up and running again hee hee :evil: :D :eek: :angel:

Smudger
08-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades

.... . just quickly popping in whilst at work :eek: ....... thank you ALL!! for your good wishes.... what a wonderful bunch of people you are......... feeling a bit better in myself today..... nice to know Ive been missed :)

You'll be sorry once Im up and running again hee hee :evil: :D :eek: :angel:

Great to see you getting back to your old self....we're bracing ourselves:D

Mo.
08-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Hi Dawn... good to see you bouncing back :D.... yep Smudge we'd better brace ourselves:D:D....

Hi everyone else too.... Hayley thanks, preparations going fine... I think. :)......Have fun with your lectures Madder.... rather you than me.:)......Smudge....working on your Chelsea painting...... is that a threat or a promise.... hope you get it finished soon.

Mo.:)

Dark_Shades
08-14-2003, 08:24 AM
lol yeah...... BRACE ya selves...... am at home now.... on lunchbreak.... shortly to be over..... so you will have a bit of peace for a little while....

remember I said we had a best selling author come into the firm for her book signing....... well Im famous..... see..... LOLOLOL can you see me in the queue ha ha ha

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2003/12116-pic14.jpg

Mo.
08-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Yep.... the long legged blonde in the beige pants and lemon top............. fourth in the queue. :D

Dyin
08-14-2003, 08:54 AM
morning all....hope you get better quick, Dawn...sort of quiet without you...
Yay Madder...you contribute a lot around here and deserve it:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mo...does your butt usually hit the ground???:evil: :D

Hey, I tried playing with the soft pastels again and really had a bad coughing attack...so I have two, barely used,cardboard boxes of Rembrandts...landscape and portrait, tho they are sort of mixed into color groupings and I'm thinking I'd like to maybe trade them...I'd really like some Holbein OPs...I'd go for a smaller bunch in trade...but will consider something else if it's good enough...know there's a swap shop, can't remember where lol...but figured you're the ones that use the soft pastels the most...just thought I'd throw it out there...
have a great day, all....

bnoonan
08-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Sue - Sorry to hear about your coughing fit... but if you need the cash, I'd be interested in hearing more about the Rembrandts. Let me know what you have on a PM and I may be able to get you some money to buy some OP's. Barb

Dawn - Nice photograph of you. We always knew you were a star!!! Glad to hear you are back to your spunky self!!! We're here for you and we know you are here for us!!

Mo - your show sounds promising - keep up that work. If you need a boost of encouragement, just let us know.

Madder - congratulations on your badge of honor - you too Deborah (I know it wasn't mentioned in this thread but in case you read this). It does make you feel good when you get them!

Smudger - as always, can't wait to see the progress on your Chelsea masterpiece. I long for those details that I never have any interest in working on.

Hayley - hope you find time to paint instead of running around at work filling in for lost souls. that's such a bummer.

Barb

bnoonan
08-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Oh, I wanted to show you a photograph of the table of my art items at the show in Maine on Sunday. It was a great fair and I feel like I got enough out of it to do it again. My family ended up with a lot of the unsold pieces which was nice to be able to do.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2003/13264-show-set-up-2003.jpg

The things I learned....

- You can't see the note cards on the table but these were some of the best selling items.
- I met some of the nicest artists and one pastelist in particular that was superb. We swapped note cards.
- Sennelier Le Carte paper dissolves in high humidity if it's not framed... Keep this in mind - I've never seen anything like it before. I would touch the paper and it left my fingerprint on it.
- Family makes a great audience.

Barb

Dark_Shades
08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Mo.
Yep.... the long legged blonde in the beige pants and lemon top............. fourth in the queue. :D

awwwww shucks Mo, that was too darn easy lol.... I was going to come back in and say......

Rollup!..... Rollup!...... ... Spot the Shady Lady :D lololol

hmmmmm gotta find a different disguise :evil: :D

Barb...... doesnt your works look wonderful displayed out like that..... glad you had a good time....... is that a boat with a sail?.... that looks nice.... not seen that before..... must be when you've been moonlighting in OTHER forums lol

well done Madder on your merit..... feels so good doesnt it :) ... thanks for your good wishes, and everyone ..... I'll just come in here and pretend Im feeling ok lol... sshhhhh dont tell anyone :cool:

hey did I tell you what the author said to me on hearing my name.... that she had a character in a book of the same..... and she thought she should write a whole book on her as she was enjoyable to write..... she was a nurse..... a VERY Naughty Nurse.... who had her wicked way with all the men..... hmmmmm !!! ..... Hayley's a Nurse lol :evil: :angel:

meowmeow
08-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Wow! YOu all sound so busy! I'm sorry you were not feeling well, Dawn...but I'm glad to know you are on the mend. Your signing looks neat...what an interesting job you have!
You must be excited Mo! Good luck! It should be a good one!
Congrats Madder!
ANd I am sorry about your coughing from the pastels, Sue! Waht a drag! Thank goodness for the op's!
Just read your report Barb! YOur photo is great! What a wonderful idea to birng those CW paintings....I bet they were a big hit there. I'm not at all surprised about the cards. Seems to be the big thing now. I'm happy that things went well and you felt it was worth your while. I bet you had a nice visit with family and friends as well. Sorry about the crapppy weather though...unfortunately I know all too well what you were dealing with. Yuck!
I'm busy trying to fix up a couple of paintings and thinking about getting some more prints and cards ready for the last show, on August 30.
We drove down to Mass. yesterday and visited with my folks in the Assisted LIving complex. Interestingly enough, my mother seems to be making the adjustment much better than my dad. He is still grumbling....but seems a lot more relaxed. I think she is actually better than she has been in a long while. It was good to see it! Of course she just had cataract surgery and now they are taling dental implants. Getting old is lousy...seems like there is always something else breaking that needs fixing!
HAve a good day everyone!!!

Sandy

Dyin
08-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Hey...great pic Barb! Gives you more questions tho lol!

is that a cool rainbow colored cane there???

how were your paintings protected? fixative? clear covering?

did you sell any from the tintype refs?

were your notepaper originals or copies of originals...how did you protect those???

:D

bnoonan
08-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Sandy, Been in your shoes with the aging parents issues. My mom is doing fantastic but my dad passed from Alzheimers and it took mom quite awhile to realize she couldn't handle him anymore at home. Getting old is not fun.

so... to answer Sue's question and assure you all that getting old doesn't have to be hard.... I've designed fun hand painted canes, walkers and 4 prong canes so you don't have to walk slow in utilitarian grey or black. I've been painting these for a few years now and have had great success. My motto - we won't go quietly!!! Let me know if you want to see more images. I have them.

The notecards were predominantly those of my photographs but I did have some prints of my paintings as well.

Some of the pastels were painted the afternoon before the show so I wasn't able to frame them properly but it did make them more affordable. For those that sold I put a piece of glassine on them and wrapped them up with some old mat board pieces so they wouldn't bend.

None of the tin type references sold at this point but I've got a potential buyer on WC that I need to be in contact with. I ended up donating the civil war images to the museum so they could use them for fund raising - they are paintings of the founders of this regiment.

Dawn - the boat is from a photo my brother took and I'll be sure to paint another one of those. I gave this one away!

Barb

Dyin
08-14-2003, 12:54 PM
i vote for more pictures! Was nice of you to donate the tins...hope you can sell the work...

Greeble
08-14-2003, 02:46 PM
I just got my "oil pastel for the serious beginner" book in the mail!

:clap:

I don't *CARE* if my instructor said
"they aren't considered arCHIVal"

Jen

bnoonan
08-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Jen - have fun with your book!!! We're all anticipating the results.

Barb

Dyin
08-14-2003, 03:01 PM
ooooh, good book! Have fun!!!! Where's the pics Barb????

Dyin
08-14-2003, 05:14 PM
just saw on news there's a power blackout for NY, Toronto, Detroit and that general area...sorry to any of you stuck in it and hope it's not too hot at the same time...of course, with no power you wouldn't get this til afterwards anyways...the news sources are blowing it a little out of proportion...they say it looks like a power grid failure but are talking terrorism too...I remember blackouts all the time when I was growing up...same power company...but there's ratings to be had! But regardless the cause, sure would be hate to be stuck without my umbilical cord and no WC lol!

flower
08-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone, it seems to busy busy here, its hard to drop in but just want to say Hey dawn good that you are back and everyone GREAT work, super mega...............................................

Mo.
08-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Barb.. so glad your show paid off... great pic........good to see it all together there, I can see some of your notecards there, and they look good to me... love those walking sticks as you know....:)

Everyone is so busy... Hayley... thinking of you girl... hope you have time to get to your painting soon... Dawn... you can't fool me. :D.. I'd spot you anywhere. :D

Madder well done on your award.. well deserved and so nice to receive them:)

Sandy my thoughts are with you... yes getting old is lousy... but life is precious no matter what age you are... my mum used to say I'm 84 years young.. :) Isn't that nice.

Thanks all for your good wishes for me, so appreciated.
on a final note... Sophie get on yer bike girl! ... sorry couldn't resist. :D:evil: :D

soap
08-15-2003, 03:10 AM
Oh I missed the scrumble yesterday! Barb - wonderful to see your stand! Makes me think I might do that some time........print off loads of cards and try to get rid of them.......

Mo - still have not got my bike yet......it's been ordered........I cannot wait to get it though! :D