PDA

View Full Version : Sticks & Stones

Tamana
08-13-2003, 08:25 AM
can break your bones, and words can be your tomb.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks.JPG

Inside: What dreams may come

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_1.JPG

When I wore a younger girl's clothes

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_2.JPG

War in Heaven

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_3.JPG

Which door?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_4.JPG
~

11" x 14" Acrylic & metallic, old pictures, liquid leading, great glass staining medium, wax, glue, sticks, stones, blood on gesso on wood.
~

pipicacassosso
08-13-2003, 08:31 AM
Amazing work, Tam. This is the kind of thing that REALLY transforms the soul from here to some faraway place. A place where the soul wants to reside, but can only stay for a short while.

brushstroked
08-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I keep peering closer, examining, questioning, wondering, thinking. It's all so simple, really. Everything just is.

I'll take door number one.

:)

Please post more, but get some sleep!
:p

Maysun
08-13-2003, 01:45 PM
And if you sleep -

Have happy dreams

- Maysun:)

brushstroked
08-13-2003, 01:47 PM
P.S. Is that a picture of you?

brushstroked
08-13-2003, 01:52 PM
P.P.S. You cut yourself??? *gasp* I see blood.

What I'm about to say seems vulgar, and I hope you aren't offended....but here's my instinctual impression of this piece:

It looks like your soul vomited because it needed to.

confetti of a soul in pain.

Maysun
08-13-2003, 02:00 PM
OuCh, you mean, surely !

Tam , DID you ?

Maysun:mad:

Tamana
08-13-2003, 04:20 PM
pipi: Thank you for a heartfelt description. Considering how you paint, I take that as a high compliment. It was definitely of the soul.
~

Laura: Thank you. So many questions. :) Everything really is simple, just a matter of accepting it once you recognize it. Door no. 1 is a good choice. :) Which photo? ;)

Your instinctual impression is very intuitive. :) "Confetti of a soul in pain" is a beautiful description. Still waiting on that collage of yours. :)

Sleep. Ahhhhh, what a concept. :)

~

May"sun": Thank you. You're always a bright spot in the basement. I don't really remember dreams, so I figure they're pretty good or they'd wake me up. ;)
~

Again: Thank you all for your encouragement and sharing your time with me. :)

brushstroked
08-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Tamana
Which photo? ;)

Silly girl...the "When I wore a younger girl's clothes" one. It must be. She's wearing a "glue weave" grin.

Originally posted by Tamana
Your instinctual impression is very intuitive. :) "Confetti of a soul in pain" is a beautiful description. Still waiting on that collage of yours. :)

My soul has thrown up confetti before, but never in such vivid colors. :) The collage is on the way. :D

jkoehler
08-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Wow, you've got a lot going on in these. I like what I see, except that it all seems quite blurred. I'd love to see crisper, more detailed images.

judithj
08-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Gee Tam, I wish that I could really see them - I am trying to figure out what is going on, but it is hard to make out - to get a sense of the 3d relief.

Very intriguing.

I need to go see the others now.

-jj

Tamana
08-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Laura: There are two photos in the collage: I wasn't sure which you were referring to. No, that one's not me. :)
Actually she's too young for the "weave" lol. She's actually wearing the waxed look. ;)

Ahh soul confetti. Yes. lol. Party Time!!! lol
~

jkoehler: Thanks so much. I appreciate your input. Judging by the two you've posted, you know what you're doing and talking about. There is definitely a lot going on in her. lol.

Yes, sorry about these photos...they really don't look that blurry on my monitor. Kelli ( my normal photographer) and I have such rough conflicting schedules it's difficult for us to get together. Soooooo, I have this cheap digi-cam from a friend at work. Sometimes it works good, sometimes not. I'll try to get you some clearer shots this weekend then email them to you if you wish. :)
~

Judith: Hi! Glad you're feeling better. I've missed you around here! *Restates the photo thingy said to jkoehler*. Sorry sorry. Glad you found her intriquing, what you could see of her that is. lol. I'll try to get some better images. :)
~

Thanks again for the encouragement and time shared. :)

Tamana
08-13-2003, 10:17 PM
-------> I DID NOT CUT MYSELF <----------

I am catching it from several individuals who think I cut myself for art. hahah.

For ANYONE else who may be UPSET about this, HERE'S THE STORY!!! lol

I had an accident with a glue gun which spilled glue directly onto my skin. Like an idiot, I took my OTHER hand and tried to wipe it off.......then BOTH were burned. By the time I got to the sink to rinse it off, the glue had hardened. When I peeled it off the skin came with it, which under the running water I couldn't tell because the pain was well....the pain *who knew?* :rolleyes:

The BLOOD (muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) spilled onto a plastic lid and I though...hmmmmmm. So I used it.

I don't believe in waste. ;)

I'll be the first to admit....I'm too skeered to cut myself. hahahaha

And besides that, blood is life. I don't believe in cutting for the purpose of display. But hey, if I'm stupid enough to have an accident, then I certainly am not going to waste life. ;)

THANK you for ALL your loving and caring and concern. :)

I mean it. But I'm not crazy. Honestly. :)

Yet.... :D

PALudeking
08-13-2003, 10:25 PM
like the aftermath of an exposion....acloseup!

Tamana
08-13-2003, 10:35 PM
hahahahaha

Veronica
08-15-2003, 05:29 AM
Tamana this is the first time I recall seeing your work. Wow wow wow. Alluring with enough tension to be gripping. Compelling piece, brava.

Tamana
08-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Veronica! Thank you. Glad to see you back around. Missed you. There's some wonderful new artists in our midst (as you can see). Looks like we may have to expand the basement.

I appreciate your time and attention, Veronica. Just started playing about 3/4 weeks ago and I am totally in love with it!!! I wish the photos were better though. I've decided not to post at all until I have decent photos.

Thanks again :)

Tamana
08-15-2003, 11:06 AM
I was going to just email these, but sense the thread has been resurrected, I'll just post a couple here to see if they are any better:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_1.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_2.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2003/18021-Sticks_3.JPG

brushstroked
08-15-2003, 02:00 PM
AHA! I see the liquid leading stuff now. You know, this really does have a "stained glass" sort of feel to it. I absolutely love the way your collages are so textured. Such depth.

more, more, more!

Gar
08-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Intensly dense and fresh.

Tamana
08-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Laura: Yes!! I loved the liquid lead! :) I'm actually playing around with something now involving glass. Hope to be done soon. Thanks for your encouragement. :)
~

Gar: Thank you. You always see things in a different light. :) I always appreciate your words.
~

:) to you both

somerset
08-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, MUCH BETTER PICS! This is truly inspirational. Really like the dimensionality of the figures.

Tamana
08-17-2003, 06:28 PM
I appreciate all your encouragement and support. You're a good friend. Thank you for being here. :)

axxxel
08-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Still very intriguing but to be honest, it's not the very first one I prefer from you. ;)

Tamana
08-17-2003, 06:54 PM
hehe. No, in ALL honesty, I appreciate your honesty. I'm posting for critiques and suggestions for improvements re: technique, application etc. And, any comments are an opportunity for me. :)

Rosic
09-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Tam,
You have blossomed!
This art is very thought provoking and imaginative.
How thick is this?
Rosic

Lynxes123
09-04-2003, 12:44 AM
That is amazing looking, Tam. My eyes were drawn to what looks like a diamond cross near the middle. All that red is blood? OUCH, I bet that hurt like @#$%^ when you accidentally burned yourself! I don't blame you for not wasting it though, LOL.
Lynxes123

Tamana
09-04-2003, 09:23 AM
talk about restoration.... ;)

Thanks, Bern. Thanks for the encouragement! She's about 1/4" - 1/2" thick depending on the section. Again, nice to see you back around. :)
~

Lynxes: Thank ya ma'am. Yeah the cross. It's amazing how something so simple can stand out, isn't it? My fingers have become so numb from burns etc. (if not glue then matches then wax), that it doesn't even phase me anymore. Preciate your eyes and comments. :)
~