PDA

View Full Version : Daily Grumble 12/8

angeline
08-12-2003, 02:53 AM
Well just when I thought it couldn't get any worse it did!.....there were only 2 of us on our ward all night !.....me and an auxillary......I declared the ward unsafe......but there was noone to send to make up our staffing levels. What a night! I'm pooped!
sorry but i'm feeling a tad fed up this morning. No wonder I don't feel artistic right now!
hope you all have a good day.

soap
08-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Oh, Hayley, you must be knackered! Thankfully the weather is a little more back to normal, so the heat won't keep you awake. Have a good sleep girl!

I am busy, busy.....just framed that 'commission wip' thing (the little boy) and made some reproductions. Took me most of the day yesterday. Now I am hurrying back to my studies, as I've got soo much to do.

Also hoping the bike shop will call today to say my bike is ready to be picked up. Ohhooo.......can't wait to go get it and cycle wherever!
Must also do some stuff to prepare for my holiday in France.......so much to do.....so little time.......Oh! And my sister is coming over to stay for a couple of days on Thursday.....ooh....and the guestroom is a mess! ooooh.......

No time to paint.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2003/15421-mika_framed.jpg

doe
08-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Hayley, its sad that nurses are in such short supply, rest up!

Hoping Dawn is recovering well.

Nice job on the commission Sophie, as well as the framing job!

I'm up at the break of day (as usual), Mini always wants to get up as early as possible to EAT and go out of course. Actually it's already starting to get light later - it was pretty dark still at 6:30 am today. I have the next two days off and since the rain has been so regular here my vines are growing more wild than usual so if it doesn't rain I think I need to cut the vines today. (Hoping for rain.)

Have a great day!

Greeble
08-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Angeline: You are a nurse? My hats off to you! You guys work way to hard for way too little money or appreciation!

I hate mornings. Even if I sleep long enough, I still want more.

Jen

Dyin
08-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Morning all! Sorry you had such a rough nite, Haley...kick your feet up and relax today..
Sophie...that looks really nice all framed up...hope your bike comes and you have a nice visit with your sister...and btw..rule is you don't have to fuss for family lol!
Doe...grape vines???? Maybe you should paint them too!
It's a catch up on chores day for me...but that's ok...

soap
08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
grrr......feel like I've been on the phone to the bike shop all day! I ordered a women's version of a bike, paid, and now they tell me it does not exist! Can you believe it. They will order another model in a women's version for me, to try.
I called later to ask for the model I bought in the first place, but then a size smaller, so I can compare. They don't know when that will be available, and it turns out they sold the larger one. Still don't know when I can go back to the shop to compare a few. It feels stupid, I am picking out bikes all over again, while I already paid for one!

Bleh! Am angry.:crying:

Sorry....had to vent a bit.:D

Dyin
08-12-2003, 12:49 PM
WELL! The NERVE!!!! Gee, Sophie, put bluntly, that sucks....nice to be able to vent tho...maybe you should just get a refund and go to a new shop...tough economy and if people lost money because of ineptitude maybe they'd improve or else go out of business...one thing to make an honest mistake...but this just sounds rude!