PDA

View Full Version : Pastel shopping spree!!!

IndigoRed
08-12-2003, 01:51 AM
K i loooooooove Nupastels, and if am smart i should probably buy a set, buuuuuuut, i was thinking since Faber castell have a 120 set (24 more than nupastels) would it be a better deal to buy the bigger set of Fabers? Ive not used them yet, they look like Nupastels, is there any differance in the feel and workability of them compared to nupastels?
Jerrys having a sale, which ive stated i dont know how many times this past week lol, Nupastels are $50 for 96 set, and Faber Castell Polys are $120 for the full 120 set with cd and wood case. Yes thats a 70 dollar differance when your only counting 24 extra pastels, but if they are worth it then i would like to invest in them. Its either that or i buy two 96 sets of Nupastels as i go through those like mad :p ..................K thank ya for the help, :D

Kathryn Wilson
08-12-2003, 09:24 AM
I have used both - the Fabers are not similar to Nupastels. Buy what you know and what you love to use. If you want to try out Fabers, buy a few sticks (not sure if you can) -

I would say the Fabers are somewhere between Nupastels and Rembrandts - I bought a small set and I'm not sure that I will use them that much - definitely would not use them exclusively.

Hope this helps -