PDA

View Full Version : New to WC in general and Pastels in particular

PegR
08-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Hello everybody! I've been sort of "looking over the shoulders" of the folks over here, and I figured it was high time to introduce myself.

I haven't done any artwork for about ten years, and I'm trying to get my drawing skills sorted out before I try to add color, so I've been hanging around the Drawing and Sketching Forum for the most part. You guys are a great group, and just reading the exchanges here has helped me to get out my pastels and start playing with them. Nothing to post quite yet, but you've got me started again.

Take care,

Peg

Craig Houghton
08-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Make sure to check out the 'weekly' threads here. They're a great place to submit quick-sketches or more detailed work -- this way there's no hesitation -- just posting :)

Welcome to the forum,
-Craig

angeline
08-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Welcome to pastels......they are sooooo addictive!
I'm about in the drawing and sketching forum too......doing the 5 week portrait thread......we are still only on eyes yet........it's doing me good going back to basics. Never had any formal teaching in art at all.......but i love it here!:angel:

Mo.
08-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Hello Peg and a very warm welcome to you .....So glad you've decided to stop lurking and join in, 10 years without painting sounds a long time, I can't imagine going that long:D.... But once you start again you will re-discover all your techniques, and skills I'm sure... Just dive in and have fun... and as Craig has said the weekly thread is just for quickies, no critiques there, unless you specifically ask for one..... most of all enjoy what you do.

Cheers,
Mo.:)

MKathleen
08-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi Peg:
Wonderful! Glad you have decided to join our merry ban and as you have found folks are really friendly and always willing to help a fellow artist.
Will look forward to seeing your work soon:)
Best,
Kathy:)

Dyin
08-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi Peg...welcome to the forum! The weekly is really a good place to get started and begin to feel comfortable with things...glad you joined us...look forward to seeing your work!

PegR
08-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks everyone!

Angeline, I'm doing the five week self-portrait too, even though graphite makes me slightly nuts.

Mo, I'm sure you're right--I know that just working through some of the exercises on the drawing forum has helped me get the hang of some of my old skills. And I'll try the weekly thread for a while, that should help, too.

Peg

Deborah Secor
08-12-2003, 12:10 PM
We do have fun here. Glad you're aboard Peg...