PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Basketcase...

Leslie Pz
08-11-2003, 09:53 AM
...When I think of You

This one took a while, I just don't seem to get the studio time that I used to! But, on the bright side, the painting stage last longer!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2003/16754-basketcase.jpg
Acrylic (of course! LOL!!!) 16x12 on Canvas Board
Burnt Sienna, UM Blue, Cad Yellow Medium, Cad Yellow Light, Cad Red Light, and White.

Thanks for looking!!! Looking forward to your comments.
-Leslie

arlene
08-11-2003, 10:29 AM
yes it's great,,,

one suggestion would be to fade the edge of the cloth that's moving off the right side of the page. right now my eye moves to there, and then can't get back in the picture.

Lady Carol
08-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Good job Leslie. I love the way you have depicted the softness of the animal. Agree about the cloth on the right as well, which is really very minor and easily fixable.:D

paintergirl
08-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Agreed with Arlene, if that was shadowed more it would not 'pull' the eye...
The 'ducky' looks so fuzzy and soft, great texture!:D

Faded
08-11-2003, 12:19 PM
I hope you plan on turning these into a childrens book:) Great job Leslie
-Faded

Leslie Pz
08-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Boy you guys, when you are right, YOU'RE RIGHT! I am going to touch it up and upload the revised version!

Thanks Arlene and everyone!!!!

talkingbanana
08-11-2003, 03:29 PM
That's so adorable! I LOVE your stuffed animal pieces, every last one of them. :D

Leslie Pz
08-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Well, this is the revised version. For some reason, the background on the left is showing up light, but it's the right side that's lighter! LOL Can't win :p !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2003/16754-basketcase-rev.jpg

Hope I didn't darken the blue cloth too much. Please let me know.

shirleyq
08-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Les!!! Your detail and shading in acrylics is just soooooooooo good. Another admirable job.:D The suggestion above about the children's books sounds like a good one to me. Why don't you check it out..................in your spare time LOL.......seriously, it does sound like a good idea:) :)

Leslie Pz
08-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Faded Are you offering to write for me? ;)

Sarah I am so glad you like the Waddles series! Thank you!!! Whenever I don't have a single idea, Mr. Waddles is always there for me!

Thanks Shirley! And I agree, Faded did have a fun idea. The only problem is I can barely write my own name! :D

Thanks you guys for your comments. I appreciate all the great advice, too!!! :clap:
-Les

arlene
08-11-2003, 11:00 PM
much better, but i'd like to see a good scan...hard to tell if it's too dark since you said the right side should be lighter.

Leslie Pz
08-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Would you believe that ever since we moved, all our computer stuff is still in the basement? We have a lot of work to do upstairs and haven't moved much furniture up, yet. To be honest, I don't even know where the scanner is!!! LOL

My jpgs are taken with a digital camera. Really, most of the painting photographed fairly true, just the outdoor lighting effected the corner on the left making the right a bit darker. Strange, huh?

Thanks for all your advice and help. I really appreciate it! You always have great suggestions!!!

arlene
08-11-2003, 11:26 PM
funny thing leslie? my digital gets a truer pic then my scanner.

ripvanblair
08-12-2003, 04:06 AM
This is very good, yes I agree it would make a good paiting for children-----------well done----------Alan

Leslie Pz
08-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Arlene The painting photographed fairly true, just the outdoor lighting effected the background. (Even though I shot from inside the porch and had the overcased lighting behind... it still caused a little glare.) Bummer, but the difference isn't really that big. Just a bit lighter on the left than it should be.

THEN believe it or not, the lighter side bothered me so I evened out the whole background. :D :D :D

Thank you Alan!! Seems that lately I am really enjoying the childrens' subjects. Seems I go through phases of niches; never know what the series is going to be next!:D ;)

Thanks for you comments!

surreal
08-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Beautiful painting!!!

~Memory~
08-12-2003, 01:58 PM
How cute is that?!?!? I just love ducks. :) Excellent job leslie. :) :clap:

snuffy
08-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Les -
This was outstanding before you "fixed" it, and now it is excellent.

Snuffy

ginatec
08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Leslie Pz
Faded Are you offering to write for me? ;)

Sarah I am so glad you like the Waddles series! Thank you!!! Whenever I don't have a single idea, Mr. Waddles is always there for me!

Thanks Shirley! And I agree, Faded did have a fun idea. The only problem is I can barely write my own name! :D

Thanks you guys for your comments. I appreciate all the great advice, too!!! :clap:
-Les

Mr Waddles did it again. Fantastic Les....you know I am a your biggest fan!

Faded is right...I already said you should be making illustrations for books:) You don't need to write them!:evil:

Gina

talkingbanana
08-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Looks even better with the fixed cloth! :D

:clap:

Leslie Pz
08-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Nina, Kell, Snuffy and Sarah Thank you! Glad you like the changes, too! Arlene is so helpful! I am always glad when she's honest with my work!

Gina So glad to hear that I don't have to write the book, too. Maybe I'll find a writer and just dump the paintings in his/her lap! LOL!
...you know I am a your biggest fan! Now, I am blushing!:) Thanks because I am a fan of yours. Your lastest Renoir is OUTSTANDING!

justjo
08-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Hi Les

I think the change you made to the cloth edge was a good one...
me being a novice I would never have noticed that...besides..I love everything you do.....

The idea for a children's book is super.....The duck is great & the basket..wow girl, that looks hard to do...

I think it is a fantabulous piece of art!!!!!!!

luv

Leslie Pz
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Thank you, so much JoAnne! The basket was probably the most difficult! LOL It would be fun to have the paintings in a childrens' book!

Thank you again, for looking and for your wonderful comments!!!
-Les