PDA

View Full Version : granddaughter portrait

guilliame
08-10-2003, 09:21 AM
I forgot to put my oil pastels in the fridge,but somehow like the feel of them as they are,maybe when the winter gets here i'll have to pop them in the microwave for 20seconds:D
This is just a bit frightening for me putting down all these bold colours and i guess i'm getting a bit carried away and gone a bit O.T.T. in some areas,but it's all a learning curve at the moment and like my previous oil painting portraits they all need refining and and more work,i'm getting info from here there and everywhere mixing it all up and see what comes out the other end,hope you like it anyway
:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2003/6932-car.gif

Dyin
08-10-2003, 11:19 AM
you really are going bold!!! I haven't put mine in the fridge yet either...keep telling myself to...hard to see all the colors on this...but a thought is to throw a couple complements on there...this is predominantly red toned so get the color wheel out and get it's green match and use it for the shadow areas...your eyes are a touch big...try to remember they are not flat across..just like the face they curve on each side...sure is fun watching you go to town on the colors...keep at it!!!

Koert
08-10-2003, 01:25 PM
i like bold colours, but i would throw in green here and there, to make it less red