PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 10th Aug.

Mo.
08-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone..... it's humid, sticky and blooming hot here again.....hoping to finish two paintings today.... only 12 days to go.... so working like stink here..... wanted to wish you all a great day.... take it easy and enjoy your day.

Seeya later.

angeline
08-10-2003, 07:56 AM
Afternoon all. It's raining here......and feeling a bit fresher. We got some new fish for our tank yesterday .....we have an 180 litre tank!
I'm back to bed in a while till 5 when hubby goes out to work .....back in for 3 nights.
I've not picked up a pastel for a week now....not really sure why i'm in a lull I think......I have plenty to be getting on with but just can't be bothered!
Enjoying all the work on here.
Have a good day.

doe
08-10-2003, 08:55 AM
We've had nothing but tornado watches and rain for the past few days, and of course plenty of heat. Thought I'd get outside to paint yesterday, but was rained out. I did work on a pastel but can't post it because it's too big to scan in and I'm out of slide film and my digital is not great.

Have a great day, planning on painting today!!:clap:

Dark_Shades
08-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi All.......... beautiful Sunny day again here today..... and incredibly HOT!!!!...... HOT!!! ..... keep popping in and out of the garden....... saw on the weather that the North was going to get Rain..... see you got yours already then Hayley...... also saw Doe, the tornado on the news that hit Florida

..... just going off to melt a bit more somewhere lol.....

Kathryn Wilson
08-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Everybody: Since everyone is talking about the weather, here it is for the mid-atlantic states - RAIN, RAIN and MORE RAIN. I think we are getting everybody else's rain - wish I could send it to the western states!!

Ooops, there goes another thunder boomer!!

Planned on starting a new painting today - will have to be indoors because the mozzies would carry me away!

:D

Dyin
08-10-2003, 03:54 PM
don't mind rain...but might only see one mossie a year...think I'll keep the dry heat...Doe...used to live in Palm Beach Gardens...are you in that area? We were in a motorhome in a tropical storm that was one mph below official hurricane strength...besides the driving rain that found it's way in the cracks we didn't know were there, the scariest thing was the tornadoes hitting all around, one after another...then when the storm left everything was flooded...everything instantly mildewed...made a few bleach manufacturers rich lol...love the ocean down there...but you can keep the insane weather!

Lazy day here...temp 107, AC blasting, got a Sunday paper to read...

Greeble
08-10-2003, 05:19 PM
It was supposed to rain. Instead it is hot and humid. Though not as hot as normal for this time of year. I may actually get to my pastels tonight. I hope so.

Jen

doe
08-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Well, even though it was beautiful this am, that didn't last and we've had storms all day. Only worked a little on that big pastel, but the day isn't over.:)

Yes, Dyin, I'm REAL familiar with Palm Beach Gardens, since that's where I live right now. I've driven in alot of that godawful driving rain where you can't see one foot ahead of you and that's really the worst stuff to drive in. That's why I prefer my Trooper around here, it's plenty high enough to plow through the flash flooding. Summer is weird here but you can't beat the winter. So, where did you live and when was that? Are you in AZ now? My sister lives there, near Phoenix. Haven't heard from her, I think she melted.

Can't believe you saw our tornado Dawn!

Time for dinner - chicken cacciatorre! Yay!

Dyin
08-10-2003, 06:09 PM
yeah...the pic of the tornado was sent out by the AP...used to live in a campground not far from the PBG mall...I think it was A1A but the old man thinks US1...one of us is wrong lol! My husband has had itchy feet all his life so I haven't lived in many homes that don't have wheels...or pack onto wheels lol! It used to be a gorgeous campground full of Australian pines and huge palms and then one day the owner got tired of the maintenence and tore them all down..was THAT a hot summer! I live in Idaho now...used to live in New Mexico...lived in PBG from 87-90' full time while he ran a construction company...but when we lived in Alaska spent many a winter there, Ft. Lauderdale and playing in the Keys...miss the ocean....oh...those squalls! I'm surprised you don't run over the people that stop their cars in the middle of the road while they wait til they can see again lol!

Artaholic
08-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Kat, and any of the others that are getting rain please send it to us we are drying out to tinder here. It will be okay now as the ranchers have mowed all their hay and stacked it.

Gerry

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2003/18853-haystack.JPG

Dyin
08-10-2003, 10:48 PM
hey...that's not Wyoming...I don't see one shred of evidence that there's any wind blowing lol! Cool pic...will you pass some rain on to Idaho when you're done with it???? That stack almost looks like an African grass hut...no?