PDA

View Full Version : Small bit of New Zealand

Raindrop
08-09-2003, 03:21 AM
I've planned to go to New Zealand next year, and I'm already in love with the landscapes, there.

I have a couple of calendars from NZ here, and I've decided to do some practice paintings on small bits of wood (2 x 1.5 inches). Can't wait to be there, so I can take my own pictures or paint from life!

The first one was done in May, the second one two or three weeks ago.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2003/17300-NZMini2003_01x500.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2003/17300-NZMini2003_02x500.jpg

On my computer, the scans look about three times as big as the real things.

gnu
08-09-2003, 04:49 AM
the boatsheds are NZ, and the little landscape is very typical of Nz..I can't even say why!!
lovely...:clap: :clap:
love your looseness, your style is very similar to mine in lots of ways...
it will be nice to have you in our land..

billyg
08-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Your Welcome anytime Raindrop,
dont forget our weather is upside down as well. Summer is from Nov to March or here abouts. One thing if you plan to paint on wood, is that they wont let you bring any into NZ, but check up first with MAF first if you are. You can buy los of small canvas boards here in NZ. An 8" X 10" ( 20.2 X 25.4 cm) cost between NZ$2.50 and NZ$3.70 at the moment. There are smaller ones of course. When people ask me what its like here, I say "Green". LOL.
Billyg.
ps Dont forget o look us up when you do come.

Raindrop
08-15-2003, 06:00 AM
Thank you for the comments!

Gnu, I'm very happy you compare my style to yours. I love your looseness, and your use of colours.

Billyg, I've heard about the fact we can't bring wood there. That's fine, these ones will just stay here so I can dream of New Zealand when I'm not there :D I'll probably buy tons of canvas boards once I'll be there ; so my only worry is that I will explode the weight allowance of my luggage when I come back to France! :rolleyes:

When people ask me what its like here, I say "Green". LOL.
"Green" sounds fine to me!