PDA

View Full Version : heat is melting my oil pastels

guilliame
08-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Well another portrait,i'm quite happy with this so far coz i can see a likeness emerging for the first time on the subject i'm painting,at times tho it felt like i was doing an oil painting:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2003/6932-george.gif

Mo.
08-08-2003, 04:24 PM
And so you should like it Guilli.... this is Super! What a great expression... is it someone you know? You know one of the beauties of OP's is just that, they are like using oil paints on times, you can harden them off if you pop them in the fridge for a while, or do what I do.... I keep a picnic cooler bag in my room and when it's hot put my pastels in there with those gel bags that you freeze first...works a treat.

Guilli congratulations on this one it's excellent.:clap::clap:...Well done you! :clap:

Mo.:)

Dyin
08-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey...really....this is really good! Yep, OPs are slow like oil painting...is that what you mean? But look at the results! I'm liking the strong bold coloring...Mo's right on with the cooler thingee..I do best in mornings before it gets too hot...you can also pop the painting itself in the fridge and let it set a bit...

nougat
08-08-2003, 05:26 PM
This is very well done Guilliame!!!
love the colours you used.

nadine

Greeble
08-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I love the tones

Jen

Kathryn Wilson
08-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Guilli . . . I like this alot! The skin tone is coming along very nicely . . . do you dare let us see the ref photo?

BTW . . . the goose is back.

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 07:52 PM
this is coming along great Guilly, OP's are obviously suiting you.... the skin is looking rich and solid...... good stuff..... hope you are going to tone down around the eyes though somewhat :cool: ....... and you are getting a likeness.... well done Guilly..... bet you are getting right chuffed ......

Did you use lots of greens :)

.. and again your signature is Beautiful...... what do you use to write it?

guilliame
08-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Mo,Dyin,Nougat,Greeble,Kyle and DS,thanks for looking and your kind comments,i'm glad you liked it and the colours used,i feel i'm getting better at this but still a ways to go,good tip on the fridge thanks,trouble is i have a big bowl of orange jelly and mandarins with ice cream in the freezer:D
Mo thanks for the claps and encouragement,appreciate it:)
DS,thanks again,just used a pastel pencil to sign off,i guess i did go O.T.T. with the contrasts around the eyes,i'll try and tone it down and yes there is some green underpainting in there:D .