PDA

View Full Version : flower study

snuffy
08-08-2003, 03:13 PM
The attached is a flower study using a new (for me) approach to color - the CYMK method. The colors actually used in this one are cyan, magenta, yellow and white. Otherwise, it is black gesso and gray values 4,5,6 and 8.
And now for the embarrassing part. I got this from the RIL, but now I can't find it and I don't know enough about flowers to know the name of this one. Could someone please help me identify this plant?
As soon as I figure out how to attach an image...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2003/7978-wcflower1.jpg

Leslie Pz
08-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Nice detail on the flower. IMHO, I wish the flower was a bit less centered...

Love your palette!

shirleyq
08-08-2003, 07:37 PM
It is a nice flower. I am wondering if your picture is laying on its side or is the plant growing out of the side?:evil: :evil: :angel: :D

gnu
08-08-2003, 10:25 PM
it is a columbine or Aquilega..both names are common for this beautiful flower..they grow easily here..there are some gorgeous colour combos including purple and yellow..hmm maybe I'll hunt for one for the complement project in those two colours!!
anyhow I love your palette here..and yes, you could easily get away with cropping more off from the right hand edge..:)
:clap: :clap:

Meowlady
08-08-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure about the flower, it looks like it may be a variety of fuschia. I'll do a little checking to see if I can find any that have the blue element in their blossoms. There are a huge number of different-looking fuschias out there.

Ok, I'm back. I did my Google/Images check and here's what I came up with:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=fuschias&btnG=Google+Search

The flower shape is consistent with what you have, some more so than others, since fuschias come in such great variety. But there are some on the first page of the search results that resemble yours. Keep scrolling for many, many more. Did the flower you painted actually have blue petals or did you get creative with that part?

Well heck, wish I'd read the "columbine" post earlier! Oh well, fuschias are nice too!:D