PDA

View Full Version : Gumnuts... Acrylic study

Debzy
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Thought I would try acrylics again. This is stage 1, blocking in only. took a while!!! Hope to give it second stage tomorrow. I appreciate any and all critique and advice thanks! Cheers =)) Debs.

arnieb
09-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Interesting composition - allready got a good feeling. Arnie

Andrewcody
09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Deb, are these cut branches in a vase or pot?
My only comment at this stage is that gum nuts on the tree hang down due to their weight usually
:)
Regards
Andrew

Debzy
09-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Actually Andrew, this photo was taken at the Botanical Gardens in Sydney! They were standing up just like this! And it wasn't taken through a car window =)) for a change! LOL. =))

Andrewcody
09-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice spot.
Well I stand to be corrected.
Maybe it is only my tree which hangs its little gum nut heads :)
I have a red flowering gum, which is spectacular when it flowers.
I look forward to your progress with this
:)
Regards
Andrew

Finally painting
09-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I like the composition and now I know the name of this plant. We saw these years and years ago along the roadside in Fiji and the locals were picking them for decoration for a wedding table with hibiscus, palm and banana leaves. I picked one and had it in our room until it bloomed but it dried up before we got to really see the flower. Look forward to stages of your work.

Debzy
09-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Thank you! I have not been able to get back to this yet as I have been working long hours and finishing others but I am hoping to get back to this soon! I didn't know they were in Fiji as well? I thought they were only in Australia as they are the pods of the Eucalyptus! Wow fancy in Fiji too!! The flowers are lovely, they are a soft pink fluffy sort of flower. If I ever get chance to photograph one I will post it for you to see. Andrew will enlighten us more I am sure, he is the WC encyclopaedia and is well learned on most things! Hope to hear from you soon on this one Andrew =)) Thanks FP, nice to hear from you. Cheers =)) Debs.