PDA

View Full Version : Shenandoah

Erica Shipley
09-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I took a bunch of photos while down at the boat landing in Front Royal, Virginia. While looking at a photo collage mat I got the idea of drawing a bunch of tiny photos and chose to use my river photos.

Work is in charcoal stick on drawing paper 12x14

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Sep-2012/1076792-shenandoahsizedwip.jpg

Erica Shipley
09-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Did I choose the wrong medium? Should I start over in pencil? Keep going?

Is it to messy? I wanted it to look old and grungy but I do want the drawings to be clear what they are like an old photo.

Revilo
09-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Interesting. Keep going. If you don't like the end result, you can watercolor it.

Debzy
09-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice idea Erica! I especially like the one in the middle! Keen to see how this progresses! I am no good with charcoal, I always end up with more on me than the paper.... and more on and around the paper than the actual drawing! Keep going, I am loving the idea! Cheers =)) Debs

Erica Shipley
09-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Interesting ideas. I just took it to town and showed a couple of people and they think it will be a big hit with the fall tourist season coming and asked me if I could do more with other scenes of the area. I think I might have a good project here. And its one I will enjoy too!