PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 8th Aug.

Mo.
08-08-2003, 04:41 AM
G'Morning everyone.... just popped int to say hope you are all well and happy.....and whatever you are doing hope it's fun.

The heatwave is still with us unfortunately...I'm melting already...anyway loads to do today...see you later

soap
08-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi all, it's loads cooler here - nice temperature. Am playing around with my website instead of working.
do you like the buttons on my website?

Ah well, should be doing other things......:D

Hope you're having fun!

Smudger
08-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Morning Mo and all,

hope everyone manages to stay cool today:D

busy friday for me today but i will pop in later to see whats happening

Greeble
08-08-2003, 06:43 AM
We have been having a nice COOL summer :D

Too much rain maybe, but at least the drought seems to be over.
There have been only a few code orange/red days too. (Air quality color code, not terrorism color code or school color code or snow color code :rolleyes: )

Do oil bars count as oil pastels?

Jen

doe
08-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Good morning!

Yesterday, just after 5pm, we had a tornado running around our neighborhood. Luckily it really did literally run around us, but did hit an unfortunate trailer park and town not far from us to the south and a shopping center to the north. No major injuries but alot of property damage. I was outside just before it's arrival and the clouds were really beautiful, all greenish, yellowy and purple. They don't usually touch down for so long around here so it was completely surprising.

Nice buttons Sophie!

Jen, I think oil bars are considered different from oil pastels, but one of the oil pastelists should confirm that - Mo might answer later if she hasn't melted.:)

Gotta get going to work today - have this weekend off, hoping to paint!

Have a good day!

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Lunchtime here.... well nearly over and got to get back to work.... wahhhhh
Blinking cold this morning brrrrrr..... lol, was going to come home lunchtime and put a cardie on lolol - Sun has come out now.... so am getting warmer....... Am looking at getting a new car or should say a newish car :D ...... Eldest son has smashed he's up and can not get it repaired or afford another..... so I might have to let him have my beloved Bright Yellow Hyundai Coupe..... :eek: ..... but, Im looking at one of my favourite cars..... an MR2 wooooo hooooooo :clap:

Mo.
08-08-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi Again folks...just checking on my mail so popped by once more....Sophie checked out your website and those buttons are very neat. Signed you guestbook too, didn't realalise I hadn't done so..... I must get mine sorted and updated one of these days too.:)

Smudge.... don't wear yourself out, leave some time for your pastels.........

Jen.. Oil bars are a different baby all together to oil pastels, they are literally oil paints in sticks so not considered as pastels... I've been very tempted to try them though... how long have you been using them?...... If you have any work post it in the Oil Paints forum, and send us a link to have a look at what you've done, I'd love to see.

Gosh Doe.. you were lucky there, did you manage to get any photo's that sky sounds like a painting in the offing. .....Yep I must go and do some work too.

See you later folks.

soap
08-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Thanks Mo for your entry (and support)- much appreciated!
Yeah, I think I'll keep the buttons :D

E-J
08-08-2003, 09:05 AM
I've seen work in oil bars in the Oil Painting forum, Jen, which seems logical as they're essentially just oil paint, but they're also given their own chapter in 'The Pastel Book' by Bill Creevy ... so it appears the jury's out ... I'd say they belong in the Oils forum tho.

It was greyer and cooler this morning but now the sun is back with a vengeance. It's been great to have sunny weather for a change: this week I've been on two picnics and tonight I'm going to a barbecue! We usually end up playing boules, which is great fun, but I do wish I had pastelling friends to picnic with so that I could make the most of this time outdoors for sketching.

Sophie, get back to work right now :D

soap
08-08-2003, 09:08 AM
yeees, I AM working! Really.....! trying to find something about some seventeenth century monk in my notes........Really! I just hear 'ting' once in a while when I get an email telling me you (for instance) have responded to a thread I subscribed to! Yeah, yeah....now how can I concentrate with that going on..........hi hi....:D

Mo.
08-08-2003, 09:26 AM
Well here's another 'ting' for you Sophie.... now a little tip for you......if you study your manual on your computer you will discover that it can be switched off altogether, I found that out only the other day.....but it takes a little bit of practice to get it right :D:D:D

E-J ... If I lived nearer, I'd join you.... used to play lawn bowls...otherwise known as 'Old man's marbles' :D.... but it was good fun, I was a champion at that btw. Boules is a similar game I believe, would love to have a go....have fun. :)

soap
08-08-2003, 09:28 AM
LOL!! I am pretending not to understand......:D I like 'tings'! :D I've got seventeenth century monks coming out of my ears!

Have fun E-J!

Mo.
08-08-2003, 09:38 AM
17th century monks.... Egods....:music: 'tings ain't what they used to be' :music: :D

Byeee.

Dyin
08-08-2003, 10:56 AM
ting!

soap
08-08-2003, 11:00 AM
can't respond - am working

:D

pampe
08-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Good morning, Pastel People

This is my first visit to your daily thread....I ususally spent most of my time in watercolor......doing the wash, etc:rolleyes:

I am so in love with pastel and so afraid of them at the same time....is that nuts?

Warm day here today....still very smokey from the forest fires although they are finally getting a handle on them

Have a creative day!

Pam

Dyin
08-08-2003, 11:22 AM
SOPHIE....IGNORE TING!!!

Hi Pampe! Welcome to the thread! Nuts seems to be the norm around here, so wouldn't worry....btw...the pastels win no matter what...so just sit back and enjoy the ride!

So far just a medium hot day...nice to get a little break. I don't know if my grass will recover...I water faithfully but straw doesn't seem to suck it in...I have 5 sticks in big pots now...they used to be lovely shrubs and my sunflowers...which you'd think would adore sun...are blooming 2 inch flowers on a foot or better wilted stalks...and they're supposed to be 3-4 feet tall! I plant flowers so they'll cheer me up and I get depressed everytime I walk out the door...:mad: :crying: :p

Please...no gouda with that whine!

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by E-J
We usually end up playing boules, which is great fun,

EJ, are these boules as in Petanque... or more the 'lawn green' bowls.... bought the Pentague boules while were were in France... as love playing that

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 04:42 PM
..... so ok, Im a little bored tonight lol....
I cant help staring at this ha ha ha...... I want it!!! :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2003/12116-2.jpg

Greeble
08-08-2003, 05:42 PM
cute car :)

I tried oil sticks yesterday (I did that same stupid bowl of fruit) but it isn't done yet, it is messier than the pastels (which to me is a plus :D )

I really have to stay out of that pearl arts store.

Jen

Mo.
08-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Hi Pampe!.. Good to see you here... hope you'll pop in often now.... I've seen your gorgeous water colours Pampe... so different to pastels hey?... but I've also seen your pastel work,I just can't imagine you being afraid to use them.. just grab hold of them and give them a good talking to... tell 'em whose boss, then they'll behave you see if they don't......

Dawn... car looks very sleek and fast.
Is this what you are buying? wouldn't do for me...where would I put the dog? :D

Sophie.. 'TING' hope you are resting now. :)

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Mo.

Dawn... car looks very sleek and fast.
Is this what you are buying? wouldn't do for me...where would I put the dog? :D

... Just like me mo ;) ... lolol ... .. Ohhhh isnt that stickie out thingie at the back, to tie the doggies lead to :eek: .... shucks..... might have to re think it :D :evil: :angel:

(Im hoping to buy it :D .... not sure if purse strings stretch that far)..... will have to see

Dyin
08-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Dawn, just got an urgent msg from your dog....says HE'S driving...that thingee is to tie you too...maybe you better rethink this....lol....looks nice and sporty tho...

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 06:02 PM
ha ha ha Sue ... I prob could do with losing a few pounds too ...... lolol, if I bought this, Id lose more than a few £££££££gbp :D

.... when I get on the scales now days..... they say ....

'One at time now please' :eek:

Dyin
08-08-2003, 06:09 PM
scales still SPEAK to you??? lol! and is this the color of choice or are we thinking hot red or electric blue????

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 06:17 PM
yes lol, dont you have those speaking scales over there?
(and I was only joking ha ha)...... well apart from not liking Greens .... dont care much for Blue either lol... so thats out....... the reds seem a bit boring...... would of loved it in the brilliant yellow of my other car..... after getting over the shock of it (which took a few months lol)....... absolutely LOVE the colour now :D ...... so looks like white it will be

Dyin
08-08-2003, 06:22 PM
nah....remember one when I was a kid...but think one saying ouch, get off you big tub of lard....just wasn't a popular attraction...:evil:

Dark_Shades
08-08-2003, 06:24 PM
lololol Sue :D

soap
08-08-2003, 06:46 PM
va va voom.........verry nice!

Ting! Back before I go to sleep........Been watching the old film 'Zulu'....

Good night guys.....

pampe
08-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Mo.
Hi Pampe!.. Good to see you here... hope you'll pop in often now.... I've seen your gorgeous water colours Pampe... so different to pastels hey?... but I've also seen your pastel work,I just can't imagine you being afraid to use them.. just grab hold of them and give them a good talking to... tell 'em whose boss, then they'll behave you see if they don't......

. :)

ya, right , you betcha...sounds easy:rolleyes:

thanks, Mo

doe
08-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Mo, sorry to say I just gawked at the sky and didn't take a picture.

Dawn, the MR2 is great! I had one once - a red one! It was the most fun to drive than any other car I every had and yes it's fast! We weren't really using it much and got rid of it, but not because it wasn't a fun car, we just didn't need three cars and went with the practical choice, my Isuzu Trooper. :)

Pam, I think doing the wash is alot harder than pushing the pigment or scumbling around! You have nothing to fear here.:)

Dark_Shades
08-09-2003, 05:52 AM
ohhhh Doe .... Im soooo Jealous ..... you lucky thing....... lolol I still keep looking at this car ha ha ha..... its a lot of money and would have to actually import it from Japan :eek: :D ........ lol I will keep you all posted if I DO buy it :evil: :D

E-J
08-09-2003, 11:13 AM
Good grief, you lot were YAKKING for 3 pages yesterday!! LOL

Dawn ... yep, they're pétanque balls ... tho in Burgundy where we played the locals at it recently, they seemed to refer to it more as plain old 'boules'. It's great fun, tho I don't have the slightest control over where my boules end up :D Mo ... I guess pétanque should be called old FRENCHmen's marbles :) ... only in fact it's popular with all generations over there.

Sophie ... 'Zulu' ... is that the one with Michael Caine or am I dreaming that up?