PDA

View Full Version : Daily mumble 6 august 03

soap
08-06-2003, 03:18 AM
Hi guys....
not happy......just opened the post, and found the letter from the 'big art show' I applied to.........the show was over subscribed and I ended up on the reserve list............I was soooo looking forward to this! Am sad......:crying:
Thanks for the shoulder.........

On a brighter note: still gloriously sunny (well, er, hot) and plenty of work to do.
Hope you're all having fun!

angeline
08-06-2003, 03:25 AM
Morning Sophie................how dare they put you in reserve! Do they not have eyes in their heads?????? mmmmmmmm?
It really is their loss!
I have just finished my run of 5 nights.......didn't get much playing with pastels,pencils or anything! 4 out of the 5 nights i was the only trained nurse with 24 patients! Oh I am soooooo glad not to be back in till sunday now.
I'm just catching up on all the posts...........did i miss your posting of baby smudge? hear it's a lovely picture.
Oh I have a new mobile phone.....it arrived yesterday.....all singing and dancing one.......i do like my toys.......lol:evil:
It has a camera........so no longer will i have to wait for hubby to download my pics from the family digi.....i can send my pictures from my phone to my e-mail and then post them! not sure of the quality will test it out.
Off to bed soon ......zzzzzzzzz
Have a good day all

soap
08-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Thanks Hayley! I appreciate your shoulder......:( I feel like emailing the show and start begging......:D
Little Smudge is the name of the thread.......have look around. It's also on my website.

Have a good sleep girl! Hope it's not too hot!

angeline
08-06-2003, 04:10 AM
Oh my ! That portrait is wonderfull! You posted it while I was on holiday........thats how i missed it!

soap
08-06-2003, 04:14 AM
:) :) Thank you - I can use your cheerful words right now! Thanks, my friend.

angeline
08-06-2003, 04:18 AM
Ok ............ummmmmm..............wonderful..........gorgeous...........scrummy................talented..............I wanna paint portraits like you!*makes a whiny sound with that last bit!.......lol*
I'm a tad short of words right now!......lol
But would love to have you teach me how you do it!:D
There feel better yet?

soap
08-06-2003, 04:22 AM
LOL! Ok......feel a little better.......please go and tell those idiots from the art show!

Oh well, there's another one next year.....

Now go to sleep you!

:) :)

Madder
08-06-2003, 04:51 AM
Sorry about that, Soap! Don't beg, you're too good!
knock em dead next time, or do another show.. Use the experience to get fired up.... KABOOM!

Hayley, I want you to know I SOOOO respect and admire nurses (from personal experience of loved ones in hospitals) Give me a nurse over a doctor anytime when we're talking healing and caring...
Sorry there's so much stress in your job, you are sooo important to the patients!!

Mo did they find your neighbour yet?

Don't know if I get a chance to play today, have some work to do first...
Have a nice (hot) day.
Best summer in Holland since beginning of century or something,, phew.

Dark_Shades
08-06-2003, 07:12 AM
awww shucks Soap.... what a bummer...... definately their loss. shame they had left it so late to tell you too.... you could of been looking around for other venues..... youre time will come, and take them all by storm.....

ohhh I snuck in here from work again hee hee.... we have a best selling author coming in here today ... dont know if you have heard of her .... Lesley Pearse . .... promotion of her next best seller.. and book signing.. on the promotion we had of all the latest books coming out a few weeks ago......hers was one I really liked the sound of...... so off and went and got a copy (discounted of course lol) ....... well, I just got an email prior, Ive been invited with some others to have lunch with her today

Greeble
08-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Madder
Have a nice (hot) day.
Best summer in Holland since beginning of century or something,, phew.

But, but, this *is* the beginning of the century :) So its even the best summer in Holland since the beginning of the millenium!

Jen

Dyin
08-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey, Jen...good to see you joining in...DS...oooh...ladeDA!!! You'll have fun I'm sure...that's a lovely place you work at btw...
Hi angel!
Soap....want me to kick some jurist butt???:evil: :D Hey...not fair...your work is excellent and needs exposure...did you know The Pastel Journal has a soft pastel competition every year? Great exposure and it's all about the slides...no sending of the original artwork...I saw on the website they do international subscriptions...Don't forget...much has to do with the juries...was it pastel only or open media? Don't be sad...your day WILL come!!!
I'm off to a good day today...well liked company is coming from out of town...a little 9 year old friend and her family...I taught her art as part of her home schooling and she's quite the little sweetie...she thinks I'm wise lol! Yesterday was NOT golden...should not have attempted anything let alone painting...so will give a little break til things quiet down...have a good day all!

Luvy
08-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Just want to ask you all to keep this young guy we know in your thoughts. Daughter's bestfriend's boyfriend age 22 just found out yesterday he has cancer. Not operable has to go through treatments. Still getting details Daughter went down to be with her friend. So bits and pieces are being found out. He has a tumor that has leasons so guess that means it spread already. Daughter said she thinks the tumor is around the rectum. Really on my mind today. He looked like such a healthy kid. Played soccer in High School he's going to college Really nice kid.

Guess I just had to tell someone about this. It's making me crazy thinking about him today. What a shame.

Dyin
08-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Luvy...so sorry...I was going to answer this earlier and the repairman came to fix my w/d...a lot of sadness in the world, but you bring beauty in your own way, with your paintings and your heart...I'm sure you'll be a comfort to your daughter and her friends...

meowmeow
08-06-2003, 07:54 PM
That is disappointing Sophie! They just don't realize what they are missing!!!! Hopefully by next year they will know better!
Wow Hayley! I am impressed....nurses are so underappreciated. YOu all work sooo hard!
Your work so so interesting Dawn! If you have to be away from us and paiting at least it is something neat!
I'm sorry, Luvy. That is lousy news, especially for such a young person. I hope things go well for him.
Everyone sounds so busy and doing such interesting stuff...

We have had muggy, weird weather. Even when the sun comes out when I think about going out to paint I know it is not going to last and I don't want to get stuff in the rain with my pastels. So...I am starting another one from a photo I just took. Oh well.

I hope things turn out for everyone!!!

Sandy

soap
08-07-2003, 03:23 AM
Thanks for all your support guys!