PDA

View Full Version : Daily Stumble 4.8.03

Dark_Shades
08-04-2003, 02:58 AM
..... Good Morning Everybody........ glorious Sunny day here..... temps this week promise to be in the 30's :eek: :eek: .... eeee gods and in England too!!!
....... :crying: Holiday over now for me....... got to go back to work
..... hoping your day is a good one

soap
08-04-2003, 03:04 AM
Morning guys........looks like a hot day is about to start here too. Hope I won't melt at my desk here. I've got soo many things to do! Write reports, a 'conclusion' to my thesis, tart things up in that one etc etc. Hope I can keep concentrated to do it all!

Mo - what a sad, sad story there last night. Keep pastelling to keep your mind healthy and I am sure you are a great and supportive neighbour to Alan. Shocking when those stories hit home.

Dyin - your painting is looking mighty good!

Have a good one all!

Smudger
08-04-2003, 03:37 AM
Morning all...

Busy...busy...busy...that's been me and i have just won a small contract to keep me even more busy for the next couple of weeks, then i'm off to France to spend a week fishing and sleeping under the stars, can't wait.

Still havn't done anymore to my Chelsea pic and it's sitting on the easel staring at me as i type... making me feel guilty it is:D

Mo - terrible news, please let your neighbor know he has people all over the world who are thinking and praying for him.

Mo.
08-04-2003, 06:11 AM
G'morning all.... thanks Sophie and Smudge for your kind thoughts..... still no news...but I keep saying no news is good news right?.....Well it's a scorcher here too today, so I intend to stay as cool as possible and enjoy the day....hope everyone else does too....

Tough news having to work on such a lovely day Dawn...:(

Smudge good news on your contract... well done you....as for your painting I have one on the easel waiting too.... don't worry , the urge will come back for you to finish it, it doesn't need to be rushed it's too lovely for that.......what sort of fishing do you do...sea or fly fishing?

Good luck with your thesis Sophie, I don't envy you at all....good luck with that.:)

See you later. :)

E-J
08-04-2003, 08:40 AM
It's scorchio here too, and we've been told the air con which was supposed to be installed in our office back in June will not now be fitted till the autumn, when we will no longer need it :rolleyes:

Well, I've just cancelled an order with Dakota Art Pastels for 8 sheets of 18" x 24" Wallis. The pack itself costs $35 but I've just learnt that postage to the UK would be an outrageous $44.25!! $79 (50) for 8 sheets of paper ... hmm ... let's file that one away in the "I think not" cabinet.

Mo, hoping for good news about your neighbour.

bnoonan
08-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Greetings from a magnificent view of the beach. (Wish I could share it) I'm in Massachusetts visiting family and started a few tiny pastel paintings of the marsh land near this house - sunlight on that vivid green grass! What a treat! I brought some paper and my pastels with me but I'm sure I'm going to run out. too many wonderful things to paint before it rains again.

Not sure how often I'll be able to drop in and chat but hope you guys have a great week of painting.

Sophie - welcome back.

Barb

Dark_Shades
08-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by E-J
It's scorchio here too, and we've been told the air con which was supposed to be installed in our office back in June will not now be fitted till the autumn, when we will no longer need it :rolleyes:

Well, I've just cancelled an order with Dakota Art Pastels for 8 sheets of 18" x 24" Wallis. The pack itself costs $35 but I've just learnt that postage to the UK would be an outrageous $44.25!! $79 (50) for 8 sheets of paper ... hmm ... let's file that one away in the "I think not" cabinet.

Mo, hoping for good news about your neighbour.

Bloody hell EJ..... did you check out My Mate Blick lol

..... Mo, I hope you have good news real soon regarding your neighbour..... thoughts are with them

Lucky for me the company I work for is in a 'state of the arts' building..... specially designed that it doesnt need air conditioning......... boy my eyes are boggled from ploughing away through all the emails waiting for me....... still got loads left for tomorrow...... without what was coming in today and paperwork :mad: ....... been meaning to tell you guys for ages...... but I get discounts not only on all types of books, but also for theatre shows, art galleries... e.g Tate..... I think I have to fill in some form to get a card, but am looking around to see if its possible that it can be shared out....... to you lot :D ...... but will let you know more if I have any good news

Be prepared EJ.... its meant to be getting even hotter tomorrow

Dark_Shades
08-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Ps........ *waves finger at ......Smudge....... ....... naughty boy

...... get some real work done lol...... hint...... Chelsea!!!

angeline
08-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Evening all..........well i'm up but not really awake yet.......another night of maddness to look forward to! I have done my last 2 shifts with agency staff who do not know the ward! It makes every job 10 times harder! And this morning one of my patients got very poorly and my other nurse was useless! I was so stressed by the time i got home i cried!
I know tonight is not going to be much better........staff on holiday and already an overspend on staffing means that management are struggling........oh and then staff phoning in sick........
Sorry just needed a moan there.
Mo I do hope your neighbour is found safe.
Enjoy the lovely weather everyone....i'm missing it working and sleeping.
Oh I did get time to start a practise portrait over the last 2 nights .......but it's in pencil!.....much easier to take a tin of pencils in and paper than all my pastels when it gets busy.

Dark_Shades
08-04-2003, 12:41 PM
awwwwww Hayley ....... its good to vent...... sorry you cried :crying: ....... but best let out your frustrations...... better out than in

Dyin
08-04-2003, 01:06 PM
hi all...Angel...hmmm, like that....tomorrow will be a better day...meanwhile it's good to have a place to vent...

Barb....sounds lovely...I wish you much happy painting and that you return fresh and rested...

E-J...I so totally understand the heat...we luckily actually got rain here and a 2 day break in the temps...going back to hot though...bummer about having to cancel the order....did you talk to the people there at Dakota??? They might be able to work with you on that price...I've found them to be helpful before...

Mo....heart is with you....paint some lovliness into the world...it needs it....

Smudge...I know guilt lol! Don't sweat it...it will get done in it's time...genius is slow don't you know???:D

Sophie..good to have you back, can't wait til you're caught up and share some lovely work with us...and thanks....

Dawn...you'll get caught up in no time! So sad that hols have to end....

me...just a day off today...got chores done, DH is home and just going to enjoy the cool 80's before it jumps back up! Happy painting!

Mo.
08-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Mo....heart is with you....paint some lovliness into the world...it needs it....

Thanks Sue... Sad news though .... Roz was found by her husband and son today, after searching once more for her, she was found drowned in the reen (drainage ditch)... thankyou everyone for you kind thoughts and prayers... such a shock and so very sad.

Kathryn Wilson
08-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Aw Mo, I was hoping to hear good news about Alan's wife. So very sad - I am sure you will tell him our thoughts are with him.

Dyin: So glad the heat is on the run for you at least for a few days. Another rainy day here - it seems months and months that we have had a decent day. Not sure which is worse - too much rain or too much drought. I guess the rain would win out for those folks in Europe (France and Portugal).

Hey to everybody else! I can't seem to keep up with all the threads going on.

Does everyone know that Stephanie's soldier/husband (Luke) is coming home this week! What great news!

:D

Dyin
08-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Awww...that's nice he's coming home...Mo, so sorry, I know this must be hard for you...don't carry it all...
Kat...I'll trade you...think the rain is done...

Mo.
08-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks Kat... and yes great news about Stephanie's Luke... have posted there, if anyone hasn't read this thread:- then please do so... you are missing something so precious.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111876