PDA

View Full Version : Works Exhibition.....

Dark_Shades
08-03-2003, 07:01 PM
...... some might remember that I mentioned my place of Works is having an Arts and Crafts Exhibition.... think it was the 15th....... its not a competition or anything like that...... but just to show employees hobbies....... its only through the pushing and shoving of Guilly and Johnny Red lolol.... that I even thought of having any of my works framed, let alone summon up the nerve to display any.... well apart from in here :)

...... so I thought I would just show you the ones I choose to frame..... cant decide which still life to take into work........ lolol and if you are out there Guilly..... look I even finished off the Cuban Ladies hairy chest :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/12116-1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/12116-2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/12116-3.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/12116-4.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/12116-5.jpg or http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/12116-6.jpg

Dyin
08-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Cool...don't they look neat framed? You can only take one to work???? Then I vote puppy...if you're trying to choose which still life...I love the teakettle, but the other is an overall better composition...and I like the lace...hadn't seen the sailboat...nice!

Kathryn Wilson
08-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Dawn . . . I like all of them! How can you choose? I think the guys would like the sailboat, the women will go goo-goo over the puppy, but I like the still-life with the lace.

So nice to see your work all together - very impressive!

Mo.
08-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Good to see your worked framed like this Dawn.... why not them all? .... Kudos to you and good luck.

Luvy
08-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Well the puppy gets my vote but then if you want work from any Maybe the Cuban lady portrait. That's if you like doing portraits *S* Hard choice you have some great work there *S*

MKathleen
08-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Hi Dawn:
Well geez--I agree only one? There all wonderful and really look nice in there frames. I'm a sucker for the puppy such a cutie and terrific pose. I also like the still life with the fruit and bowl--I can understand why it's hard to choose just one.
Best,
Kathy:)
PS--You could post a 'poll' and see which one gets the most votes. Just a thought...

christmascarolnz
08-04-2003, 04:24 AM
I vote for the puppy as well - but the green apple one caught my eye as well. All the best to you. You should be proud of yourself..puff your chest out a bit - you're allowed!
Cheers,
Carol:clap:

Smudger
08-04-2003, 07:00 AM
WOW!

I vote you go in early... before anyone else arrives and hang them all!:D coz i can't choose:D

meowmeow
08-04-2003, 08:14 AM
THese came out beautifully Dawn. Aren't you glad you have good friends to push you around?
You say you need to choose one of the still lifes, right? Not just one of all of them...not sure which you meant. I like them all...I think if I had to choose I would take the still life with the lace...although it is really a toss up. They are all terrific!
Good for you!

Sandy

doe
08-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Smudger
WOW!

I vote you go in early... before anyone else arrives and hang them all!:D coz i can't choose:D

I second that vote!:D

Dark_Shades
08-04-2003, 12:13 PM
awwwwwww you guys are really the best...... 'dya know that

...... always there with encouragement and support

...... sorry I confused you guys...... Sandy got it right..... though it was all fun to read....... :D

I am taking 5 in........ but cant decide which one of the still lifes...... but it seems by census lol ..... the Apple wins :D

..... hey, guess what........ its my anniversary today....... ..... Ive been painting and a member of WC for a year ...... yeahhhhhhhh

...... well Im hoping to get some photos of THIS event! ;) :D

Dyin
08-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Happy anni, Dawn! I love your little teapot too, but like I said the other is just a better composition...I think WC is the kind of place people stay because everyone pitches in and helps each other so much....no competition like out in the big world...here we're all artists in different stages just sharing with each other...and it's a nice atmosphere for creativity....

angeline
08-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Oh wow these are all fab! It's hard to choose cos all the ones you do are so good.
But I have to mention another favorite one of mine you did.
Where is that gorgeous little girl picture you did?........umm ...........i think you called it easter bonnet?.....now that one will blow their socks off!.........i soooooo love that picture!..........lol

Dark_Shades
08-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Yup Sue...... so true, wouldnt of stayed around or so often lol otherwise :D

.... awww thanks Hayley, ........it was done on velour, and such a shock to find the pastel dust continually falling off despite a wagon load of fixative on it...... thought it best just laying down flat in my 'box' ..... but glad its one of your favourites and that you remembered it

guilliame
08-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi DS,you know the one i would like,the still life apples and lace,the lace is exquisite,the fruit superb and a good composition,once that one's hung get the rest up quick,if if you gotta leave one out for me although it's well done it would be the boat coz i'm a great fan of terra firma,the more firma the less terra:D anyway xing my fingers and toes:clap:

Dark_Shades
08-05-2003, 03:26 PM
lolol Guilly........ loved what you said about the less firma the more terra..... thats how I feel lol, especially about flying...... but hey, arent you the superdude lol whose been wowing us with all those wonderful water-ski pics :D

..... as for the composition on both Still Lifes..... the only hand I had in them, was to paint, as these were BevL's own wonderful photos

I found this today....... its shows part of the inside of the wonderful building I work in....... the exhibition will be held on the ground floor at the back through where the plants are shown ..... this building goes up 5 floors...... see in the foreground...... a Henry Moore Sculpture. When General meetings are held, everyone comes out of the offices on to the walkway balconies, and the speech is conducted through microphones from the floor........ mighty impressive..... and you can tell lol Im in awe of the place and company. On the top floor is a roof top garden and restaurant...... must take my camera up there.... there are some wonderful views of the countryside

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2003/12116-pic14.jpg

Mo.
08-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Impressive looking workplace Dawn... I didn't realise you had to choose one of the still life paintings.... if it helps my choice would be the green apple and lacey cloth one... Love that painting.

Good luck with the show

cheers,
Mo.:)

Dark_Shades
08-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks Mo..... well they had no stipulation on how many you wanted to show...... lolol Id probably fill up all the wall space on all of the floors the amount I churn out ha ha ha, so I was just trying to keep it down .... and give a different taste maybe in style (for me :D) and subject..... and hopefully show what working in pastels is like and what can be done with them..... as Im still relatively new there, I dont know what sort of turn out there will be or if there will be other artists.... so its going to be interesting to see...... yes, the place is VERY Impressive.... and I get quite excited by the company.... the first time I can relate to what its selling....... its all to do with the art world....art works.... publishing.... images..... education..... health ... travel..... etc

Linarty
08-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Time to update with photos and the juicy details.

Greeble
08-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Tell us how it went!

Jen

Dark_Shades
08-15-2003, 07:01 AM
lol, sorry Guys... popping in here from work..... (Im such a devil :evil: ) :D .... its not happened yet!! lol..... is starting next Wednesday I believe

A meeting was called to discuss what is being shown etc..... there are around 10 others who are showing their works..... Photography..... embroidary.. cross stitch... jewellery making.... not sure at this point what else...... am looking forward to seeing all the works displayed...... it was asked if Business Cards could be left out...... and Signs are being printed to advertise the area, and any visitors to the company will be allowed to wander round.. before this company was centralised here each company would hold an exhibition every year... and was very popular by all accounts and open to the public too......

Dont worry guys :) ........ will let you know next Week, with photos hopefully lolol

~~~~ Watch this space ~~~

doe
08-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Great looking building and both the show and the job sound fascinating too!

bnoonan
08-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi Dawn - just catching up a bit on posts I missed and this was one of them. Great idea for employees to share their lives and talents beyond the workplace - you work for a good company with nice digs too!

Can't wait to see photos of the hanging.

By the way - nice job on the framing of all these pieces. The art work is wonderful too - as you already know from my many comments.

Barb (Ps congratulations on your year anniversary with WC)

Redsy333
08-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Love the pup, boat, and cuban lady..although she needs a cigar! hehe
Best of luck for ya kiddo, may great things bloom from this;) im sure they will!!

Katherine J
08-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Good stuff, Dawn. And happy anniversary. Go with the apples still life IMHO! Everyone will be so impressed with the work you've done on these paintings.

Katherine

Dark_Shades
08-21-2003, 03:13 PM
... I havent been at work the last couple of days.... been off.... as now have an infection in the wound... :crying: .... Annnnddddd.... I missed the champagne party to open it...... Wahhhhhh

and more bad news to come....... took these a bit too late in the day so .... dark.......

From the 1st Floor Balcony.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/12116-FromBalcony.jpg

These flowers were beautiful...... made out of Sugar Icing

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/12116-Flowers.jpg

These were x-stitch, embroidary, and photos....... more photos on another two sides....
some really wonderful pics.... should I of got close ups?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/12116-Embroidary.jpg

These looked wonderful in the display cabinet all lit up

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/12116-Display.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/12116-Mine.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/12116-Reception.jpg

..... Did you notice one of mine missing...... :o ...... 'Sweetheart' ....... by all accounts everyone was going mad over it..... and picking it up..... as was placed on a shelf...... someone never put it back properly...... and it fell off and smashed :eek: ....... the noise was sooooo loud that everyone came out onto the balconies to see what had happened.....
They have said they will pay for the replacement of it..... In one way or another...... my name has definately got known in there :eek: :D ..... when I came into work today..... every one was asking and saying..... Ohhhhhh I didnt know you could paint.... you kept that quiet lol ...... was telling them all about you guys...... and that I had a website..... so lots more oooohhhhhs n ahhhhhhhs :)

Dyin
08-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Awwww, bummer about Sweetheart!!! The show looks like it was nice and really nice that everyone enjoyed your art, as they should...next time a do not touch sign tho!!!! And geez...replace??? That was like SUPER and IRREPLACEABLE and worth LOTS....$$$$$$$ :D :evil: :D

meowmeow
08-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Lousy that you had to miss the opening and about your painting...but it all looked pretty exciting. They did a bang up job, it looks like.
I hope your wound is healing!!!! YOu take care of yourself...you have too many wonderful pictures to paint!

Sandy

E-J
08-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Dawn

What an idiot you'd have to be to go around touching and picking stuff up that someone's worked hard to create and exhibit ~ whoever smashed your Sweetheart deserves a kicking. I hope only the frame was damaged and not the painting.....?

Your office building is jaw-dropping. The place where I work doesn't even have a canteen!

Anyway, well done on having your pictures seen and admired. Does this make you officially an exhibitionist? :D

bnoonan
08-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Anyway, well done on having your pictures seen and admired. Does this make you officially an exhibitionist?

Love this EJ!!!

It warms my heart!

Dawn - think of this as another version of "breaking a leg". You get it out of the way early on in your career and then the rest is smooth sailing!!!

Barb;)

Dark_Shades
08-22-2003, 12:22 PM
thanks everyone :) ..... lol Ej, you crack me up :D .... yup am officially also..... an introverted extrovert, and an pessimistic optimist..... have the certificates :)

...... the mat was all dirty :p ..... so I just flipped it over :(..... painting looks ok.... glad it was on Wallis.... and not Velour.... can you imagine it :eek: ....prob would of been a pile of pastel dust :mad:

ha!...... yes the building is drop dead gorgeous lolol..... but if you could of seen some of the places have worked.... you complain of no canteen.... worked in a place that had no LOO :eek: :( ...... it was in a cellar, right tucked in the corner of Fenchurch St. Station...... we used to come out of there like blind mice..... having to run down the road......turn left..... flight of stairs..... into someone elses building.... down some more stairs

doe
08-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear you're not healing properly and about the damaged art work! People need to be more careful. The exhibit looks great and even though you didn't get close up shots I recognized your pieces!

Take care of yourself, Dawn!

P.S. Can't imagine living without a "loo"!

Kathryn Wilson
08-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Dawn: The exhibition was just the start for you - many more to come! Get healed quickly, take care of yourself and get busy painting again!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dark_Shades
08-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Fank U :)