PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 3 August 2003

soap
08-03-2003, 04:40 AM
Morning guys!!
Well, I am back but I feel like I am still on a boat! It is funny when you've been sailing for a bit, the 'floaty' feeling stays with you when you are on land. I had a fantastic time and the weather was good as well. Only one massive shower and one day a little less nice, but overall we had sunshine and heat. The wind was ok, on friday it was completely gone. But that did not matter, because when there was no wind, we just went ashore in whichever lovely Dutch harbour town we were and enjoyed some sightseeing. But most of the time we spend sailing the huge IJsselmeer (middle of Holland) either working hard pulling sails and practicing 'tacking' or whatever, or lazing on deck, or enjoying the views of other boats passing by.
Have not got many photos yet, as they are still in my camera, waiting to be developed. Two tasters:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/15421-10_edited.jpg
Lighthouse of Marken against a threatening sky.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/15421-2_edited.jpg
(it is hard to photograph your own boat while you're on it :D)

What are you all up to today??

Rural
08-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Good Photo Should make a good painting. Good luck with it

Mo.
08-03-2003, 05:01 AM
Hiya Sophie :D...so good to see you back, lovely pics too, will we see some new paintings soon.:D........Craig come and see Sophie's clouds.... they are awesome....Sophie I can't keep my balance on terra firma these day:D.... how ever did you manage to take that one?.......it's a brilliant perspective.....

Hi Rural and welcome to the forum.....hope to see more of you here and of course your paintings, if you have anything to share please do, just open up a new thread and upload your pic, if you need any help, just shout and you'll have loads of willing members to assist you...or if you prefer drop me a PM any time.

Well I've just stepped out of the shower, it's a brilliant sunshiny day here, so once my hair is dry I'm going for a walk over the foreshore and if the tide is in...then Sophie no doubt the local yachting club will be out in force... so shall think of you while I watch their skills........then I shall have a working day painting again...

Have a great day everyone, and lots of fun with whatever you are doing.

soap
08-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Thanks guys! LOL Mo!! Taking that photo was just a matter of looking upwards to the mast..........:D

I hope to go for a long walk today! It is glorious weather here too! No water or tides in sight though.....had plenty of that for now......LOL

Mo.
08-03-2003, 05:14 AM
:D... Have a good one..:D

doe
08-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Good morning all!

Sophie, that lighthouse is beautiful and the color of your sail is too! Would love to see your boat with the sail out.

I'm working today, counting pills.:D Gotta go get dressed and take the dogs for a walk first.

Have a fun day!

Dyin
08-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Mornin all! Hi Rural...can't wait to see you join in! I always get inspired by everyone's work! I'm going to take advantage of DH's overtime day and try super hard to get the WIP done finally...I'm so close I can taste it...it'll go how it goes...Soap...can't wait to see what you do after your hol...did ya get lots of pics for portraits???? Have a great day, everyone!

meowmeow
08-03-2003, 11:13 AM
I'm glad to see you had a good trip, Sophie...wonderful photo there!
Welcome, Rural!
I am still recovering from my second outdoor show, which was yesterday in drizzle and clouds! At least the EZ-Up worked well. Keep me and my paintings dry. Sold more cards this time! :D Lots of wonderful positive feedback from lovely tourists who probably didn't even have their wallets with them! :D But I had a much better attitude and was not even depressed afterwards! I guess I will have to figure out how else to sell stuff!
Still foggy and dreary here in Maine but I'm glad to be here. Afer days of not really being able to paint outside I have finally given up and am starting a new painting from a photo I have. That somehow seems sinful to be doing while I am in Maine for the summer but the weather is too fickle to get hung up on such a notion.
YOu all have a good day....and paint some good stuff!

Sandy

rd2ruin
08-03-2003, 12:11 PM
It's too hot to draw today here, so I'm taking the day off. (had a busy wknd, two pencil drawings, two small paintings, a still life overhaul, two pastels :D ))

We have something unique goin down in Philly today as Manchester United and FC Barcelona are in town to play an exhibition tonight at our new football stadium. Still trying to get tickets, hoping to incite a riot :evil:

Nice pics soap. My brother's roomate has been hounding me for a pastel of a lighthouse (he's a junkie about those things LOL) and I have tons of pictures, just haven't sat down to do one.

Cheers!
- Greg

angeline
08-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Well good evening all!
Sophie lovely to see you back......look forward to more photos.
I love lighthouses too Greg!
Welcome Rural....show us your stuff!........lol
Sandy.......nice to hear you had a good day....it's good that you got positive comments on your work........just a shame they didn't part with some money too!
I have spent the day in bed again.....working again tonight.
Doe .....hope you had a good day......pill counting...........do you have a cute machine to help or a tray?.........lol
Hope that wip is going ok for you dyin......give us a peek.

Dyin
08-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Sandy...looking forward to you doing a pic for the Cruft show!
Greg...will be looking for your pic in the paper tomorrow...front page...Ringleader of Riot gets away!
Doe...do we get more entries for the show???
Mo...hope you have to take less breaks than I am!

ok...sneak peek....it's really slow getting the jeans just right...not sure if I've got enough ooomph to get this done today or not..awful lot of breaks already lol! I'm not bringing my thread up til it's done...so this is just for you....:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2003/19147-T_sneak_peek.jpg

angeline
08-03-2003, 02:38 PM
OOOOhhhhhhhhh loooooooooookkkkkkk!!!!!!!
That is looking bloody fantastic!
keep at it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dyin
08-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Thanks Haley...been working on it steady but it won't be done today I think...about ready to lay in the lavender tone but lots of defining to do yet...at least I know before the week is out I'll be started on a new painting...with absolutely NO foreshortening lol!

Mo.
08-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Oh Yes Sue.. blood gobsmacking...that step looks loads better, looks like a step now, this is awesome......

Well I've taken one long break today,...it's been a tragic day here....last night there were police helicopters outside my room with their searchlights all ablaze searching the foreshore, then again this morning...... then I bumped into one of my neighbours.. Alan.... we walk our dogs at the same time most days....... his wife has gone missing......she hasn't been seen since 10.a.m. Saturday morning.... the last time I saw her was on Friday afternoon at the local supermarket... this is so tragic...... he's convinced she has topped herself as she has just undergone treatment for breast cancer, but they had removed the cancer without taking her breast away and she had all the radio therapy treatment... now it was just the chemo once a month to ensure it didn't come back....... she had had just one session of that and was fine afterwards, but did not want to go back for more, her nerves were in a terrible state, she was being treated for depression too.... no one has seen her since 10.a.m. Sat morning, she's just vanished....I've just left Alan this very minute, his son is with him now,....sorry folks, hope you don't mind me letting this out...Oh I hope they find her safe and well.

meowmeow
08-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Mo! How awful! That is so sad to hear....my heart goes out to her family and to you, her friend.

Sandy

Dyin
08-03-2003, 04:41 PM
So sorry, Mo....truly a tragedy and I hope they find her too...be careful yourself if you go out searching again..

Kathryn Wilson
08-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Mo: I am reading this rather late in our day, so I am hoping there is good news for Alan. I hope you are doing okay, but it can be rather a shock.

Dyin: Oh, I can see this coming together so very nicely - you are so close - just a boot and the rest of the steps - yes?

Dyin
08-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Kat...still working on pant leg...then boot, ground and more shadow and the front of the step to her right...looks like company tomorrow...so maybe Tuesday!

Mo.
08-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Sandy, Sue, Kat... thanks so much....don't want to bog you all down with this, ....but it was a shock....still no news I'm afraid, the police are now searching through video tapes, taken from the town....6 miles away...I've popped back to see Alan...he's absolutely shattered poor man...will see him again in the morning.

On a lighter note... I did manage to put my mind to some painting for about 1.1/2 hours, and it'sgoing well..... the forecast is for very high temps the next couple of days in the 90's .... I know I will wilt along with my pastels..so I'll probably jump into the fridge with them. :D

doe
08-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Oh, Mo, how tragic, hope all turns out well.

Dyin, your painting is awesome (I sound like a surfer)! and what show?

Hayley, yes we have several counting aids - the most fun is this tray that holds templates that when you pour a bunch of pills in and shake it around the pills fall into the holes and there you have it 100 pills! Then there's a scale type of thing that scans a bar code, you dump into a container on the scale and it tells you by weight how many pills you have.

Going to add another dog portrait to Dawns thread now.

Dyin
08-03-2003, 08:12 PM
You answered your own question lol! I meant you said you'd be adding a dog piccy to the thread of Dawn's...called the Pastel Cruft Dog show lol! Now I have to go see it!

Luvy
08-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Dyin this is awesome. Do we get to see the top part of this guy? I think I"m in love so far *S* He has great hands *S* :D

Dyin
08-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Luvy...ROFLMAO...it's a girl...now ya done gone and stepped in it!!! She does dress a little un-girlish...she's the WIP I've had going for a good month and 1/2 now...I'll bring it back up when it's done....oh, can I tease you NOW lol!!!:evil: :D

Rural
08-04-2003, 03:57 AM
I hope to show some work on wet canvas soon, I did experience some difficulty in the past getting pictures on 'too many pixels' was the problem, as stated. I place a lot of smallish paintings in local little galleries and shops I have found the unframed size of 6x 12 inches, unframed measurements to be a popular size but of course I have to frame them also to sell in the gallery. This way I sell a few during the summer. But I would be far from making a living at art. I do take a keen interest in paintings on Wet canvas and other sites like Britart. com or Numasters.com. Hope to exhibit soon.

Dyin
08-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Hey, Rural....you can reduce the size of your pieces in most any photo program...usually under size...make sure it's a jpeg and then choose pixels over inches, I just always mark 'constrain proportions' and then just change the largest number to 600...hope this helps!

Rural
08-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Thank you Dyin. I do have a photo programme and should be able to manage this.