PDA

View Full Version : Ashford Hangar WIP

arnieb
08-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Went for a walk here last spring that is about 20 miles away. Pictures about division and separation.
Wondering about the colour depth transition in all the green?
16x12 oil on canvas. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks Arnie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2012/192075-mini-Buster-Ashford-05.JPG

Debzy
08-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Arnie! Another delightful scene from you! Busy boy with all these paintings!!! I love this and the greens are beautiful. The bottom edges of each clump of green trees is quite sharp, perhaps it is like this in the ref, but they look a little too straight edged to me. Just my opinion =)) Also the definite division between the left and right halves of the scene is quite predominant, almost directly down the centre. I love your work on the foreground trees, and the warm colour of sunshine on the grass is lovely! Cheers =)) Debs

Pinklady219
08-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Beautiful work on the trees. I like this painting but the dark red tree right in the middle is pulling my eye and preventing me from moving around in the pic. (may must be me) I would love to see some flowering pear or crabapple trees on the right hanging over the road some. It is spring right? I think that may lead me around the painting some. (?) Carol

arnieb
08-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Debs: Thanks - it is a bit sticarto - have moved upper trees a bit and fiddled with the edges.
Carol: Thanks - yes the crimson is a bit garish and needs fixing - will look at adding some more detail later. Arnie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Aug-2012/192075-mini-Buster-Ashford-06.JPG

Debzy
08-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi Arnie, I see you brought the top line of trees across more, this has made a difference already! I love this scene, you are bringing wonderful views to us and I so wish I could be there! Lovely work Arnie! Debs. =))

Andrewcody
08-28-2012, 01:46 AM
I think you captured that beautiful woodland area beautifully Arnie
Regards
Andrew

arnieb
08-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Thanks Debs and Andrew - much appreciated. Few tweeks with the red tree and this one will be done. :) Arnie

Debzy
08-28-2012, 07:09 AM
I think the red tree would be ok if you added a bit of red into one or two other trees! It would add a bit more warmth to the scene. I quite like the bit of red in there. XXX

arnieb
09-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks Debs - finally got back to this one. Decided to stay withe the single red tree which Ive gone over with olive gn - unfortunately this is lost in phot - but I expect to revisit this area again. Thanks Arnie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2012/192075-mini-Buster-Ashford-07.JPG

Black Spot
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
There's a bit of inconsistency of detail along the different clumps of trees. Take the back line, I like it on the left, but the green on the right makes it too similar with the the next row further forward. And on that line, you fade off on the right when it looks like it should have a mite more detail as it is approaching the viewer. You're doing great overall. Knock my socks off now.

arnieb
09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Black Spot - have made some adjustments to the trees but am going to post it in the Open Forum as its pretty well done now. Arnie