PDA

View Full Version : Finished mural 1, now getting ready for mural 2

coolray
08-01-2003, 10:59 AM
Eight weeks and many strokes of the brush later I have completed a 5 wall mural consisting of 160 linear feet of wall painting! I still have more work to do for the same client, but I will be wrapping that up soon. If you didn't get to see the progressgo here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106895)

Now that I have this mural out of the way, I will be traveling to Indiana to do a few murals for a residential home (mansion?). I expect to be there for a month, maybe more if it gets to be bigger than planned.

Footnote:

If ever there was a reason to change the format in what I paint, now is a good time to work on going in a new direction. Mural painting is somewhat new to me, only having painted about 12 in the past 6 years or so. Now I have started a list of potential clients that are interested in having a mural done. This is not what I intended to do. But I love painting so much, that murals are going to fit well into my plans. I still can take time out for my other canvas jobs in the studio, so I will not stop painting in that medium.

Anyway, enjoy the mural, and get ready for another WIP!

Terry

JustjoGA
08-01-2003, 12:57 PM
I believe in "serendipity" Terry... follow the road less traveled... you may be surprised at what you find... And you are so GOOD at this... I am pleased that you are following through with it.... Will we see pictures of this next one?

Drumbeat-trish
08-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Fabulous Captain !!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Must be a strange feeling to have come to the end of this - onwards :)
Hope you get to meet up with IVyLeaf and PhilC in Indiana :)

TeAnne
08-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Outstanding Terry. Congratulations. :clap: :clap: It really does liven that wall up. I like the one who looks like John Wayne. :D

coolray
08-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Thanks all!

JustjoGA: The road less traveled...... Well I sure didn't expect to find this kind of work on this road! I am pleased at the results though.

Drumbeat-trish: You mean there are actual WCer's there in Indiana?! Oh I can't wait to get in touch with them!

TeAnne: Thanks for commenting! I have missed your imputs of late. I am sure you have been busy. The John Wayne image was a nice touch in my opinion.

Well I am adding the full wall pictures today so go check them out!

Terry

lyn lynch
08-07-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm pleased for you, and vicariously sharing your success. Not many good muralists out there so you may get a good run out of this--make hay while the sun shines.

Engage.

Ruth
08-08-2003, 10:02 PM
It's wonderful to be free enough to follow where doors open for you! I've had a great 10 years doing murals, and I learn something from each one. Met many nice people and had opportunites for travel. Go for it!

Ruth

stalksthedawn
08-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Your mural is fantastic!!!!! I love it how you painted yourself in :D Can't wait to see the next one:clap: :clap:

coolray
08-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Thanks again to those who responded!

Ruth: I am finding that I am enjoying this more than I ever thought I would!

fookie: I am 'engaged' to the max! I have been working on ideas for some murals that will be done out of town, and another local mural.

stalksthedawn: Every artist should put himself into his work! LOL!

footnote......... I had the local school hire my services to do a mural for their reading program. I designed it, but I didn't do as much painting as I usually do. I had a total of 10 teachers and my daughter help me do this mural. We did it in a day and a half! What a workout! Pictures to come soon.

Terry