PDA

View Full Version : Daily Bumble (bee) 8/1

rd2ruin
08-01-2003, 01:24 AM
I never started a daily before. Then again, rarely am I up this late recovering from a bee sting on my foot. I can not possible scratch this itch enough.

Hey, I got done two pastels tonight.. giving me a total of three for July :(, and Friday I may even do another. I miss my l'il buddies. :)

I'm trying to get as much done as possible these days because I am feeling that the job market is opening up, and my freewheeling days of unemployment may soon be over. :D

Cheers!
- Greg

E-J
08-01-2003, 03:13 AM
Fingers crossed for you, Greg (or 'holding thumbs' as my dad says ~ you could always try both just to be on the safe side ~ wouldn't really be able to hold a pastel tho, :D)!

Got to the office 8am this morning so that I can scuttle off at 4pm and take the bus/train/tube/tube/train/car to my parents' place for a weekend visit. Haven't seen them for a couple of months. I'm packing my sketchbook and a tiny box of pastel bits ... REALLY need to get back into the daily sketching.

I'm in a pretty good mood today ~ as it's the start of August ~ my birthday month!!! *Hint hint hint hint hint* :D

Happy day everyone.

Madder
08-01-2003, 04:09 AM
OOO a bee sting I can relate to that! (Once bothered y'all in the middle of the night asking for a cure. ) What helped in the end was.. ICE! Scratching was heaven but stopping was hell.
Have no time to play :( am translating accounting software (booooring). Maybe later....
Have a nice day everyone...

nougat
08-01-2003, 05:35 AM
Sorry about the bee sting Greg hope you feel better soon! I've heard vinegar is good for stings but never tried it myself. Its also GREAT for all those little burns you tend to get in the kitchen.

Best of luck with the job hunting!!

nadine

Dark_Shades
08-01-2003, 06:09 AM
good news there then Greg..... on the jobfront... wish you luck...... Bees are meant to bring good news

......... not done much of anything yet..... lol still in night clothes..... coughing and spluttering still with this cold...... back to work on Monday :p

angeline
08-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Oh greg ouch ! hope it feels better for you soon.
EJ .....have a fun weekend.....look forward to what you come back with in that sketch book!
Madder..........ew rather you than me!
I've not done much......sat here in my nightie........I couldn't get to sleep last night and was still up at 6:30! so went back to bed and have only just got up! oh well good job i'm back in work tonight!

Dark_Shades
08-01-2003, 08:56 AM
eeeeeeee gods...... no Smudge today :eek: ... he must be WORKING..... now theres a novelty lol

.... and whats Mo up to these days?

rd2ruin
08-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by nougat
Sorry about the bee sting Greg hope you feel better soon! I've heard vinegar is good for stings but never tried it myself.
nadine

I used the old standby ~ Adolph's Meat Tenderizer, mixed with a little water and rubbed into the sting area. Forgot all about it. Grammy showed me that eons ago.

Oh, and a shot of whiskey, mixed with a little water and rubbed into my liver :)

Cheers!
- Greg

Dark_Shades
08-01-2003, 09:07 AM
lololol...... thats the spirit!!! :D

E-J
08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Am I the only one here not in my nightie?? (not that I'm implying Greg wears a nightie) :D

Dawn ... just ordered 8 sheets of Wallis in a pad, 18" x 24" Belgian Mist Grey from Dakota Art Pastels. Expensive, but it's my first splurge on pastel materials in almost 2 months so I figure it's allowed! Hoping they will arrive in time for my birthday, then I can reveal to my folks what they've bought me :D

I thought you were supposed to pee on bee stings ... but I might be thinking of snake bites ... or is it jellyfish stings ... LOL going to stop right there before you get the wrong idea about me :)

Dark_Shades
08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
LOLOLOL EJ... what .... visuals you just conjured up!!! rofl....... 'spose its easier if you are a guy and get stung...... poor women would have to be contortionists...... lets hope they only get stung on their feet....... hmmmmm lolol...... well if anyone is in need..... I got 525 emails when I got home from holiday.... would say 500 of them related to increasing a certain part of the males anatomoy...... so if anyones in need...... purely for medical reasons of course lol.... eg Bee stings..... I can forward you the addy's
ROFL!!! ....... lol

so come on then lol...... whens ya birfday.......... thats the second time you've mentioned it ha ha...... nice move though on the paper.... was it cheaper at Dakota than Blick?..... I got the Belgian Mist too :) ......... but dang!!! ........ 9 x 12 :( ...... gonna have to order some bigger sheets today..... you have decided for me lol

.... you got me thinking....... didnt Greg post a pic of himself one time wearing something weird....... ??? ....... was it a nightie????
Mind you that Guilly lol.... he's got something weird on in he's tiny head lol.... could be an african nightie ;)

E-J
08-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Birthday's on my Profile, Dawn. Don't panic though, you've still got 19 days to buy my present :) :D ;)

See you all after the w/e!

Smudger
08-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades
eeeeeeee gods...... no Smudge today :eek: ... he must be WORKING..... now theres a novelty lol

Oi!!!...... i resemble that remark:D

Smudger
08-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Nice to know i was missed tho':D

rd2ruin
08-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades
.... you got me thinking....... didnt Greg post a pic of himself one time wearing something weird....... ??? ....... was it a nightie????
Mind you that Guilly lol.... he's got something weird on in he's tiny head lol.... could be an african nightie ;)

For the record, I have never worn a 'nightie' ... except that one time in college, and we all experiment a l'il .. ok, maybe twice, but that all I'm admitting to LOL

I was going to get paper today, but the sky fell out while at Michael's Art supplies. When I got home, it stopped raining so I went back...

And then it poured again. :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think the man above is telling me to paint today, since he had oils on sale 33% off.

Cheers!
- Greg

bnoonan
08-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey Greg...I think we need to see that nightie photo for a possible project reference photo. No doubt one exists.

Sorry to hear about the bee stings - as for cures - do what my father did... become a beekeeper and get stung so many times that you can't even react or feel a single bite after awhile. Yuck!

Spent the entire morning cutting mats and framing up pieces for a show of work for the San Francisco Women artists exhibit this month. It's not a strong venue for sales but it's nice to see one of my newer pieces framed.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2003/13264-tami.jpg

I hate cutting mats and doing all the math but it's worth it to see the final piece. Do you like the frame? it came from a thrift store about a year ago. $10.

Sunday morning I fly back to Boston and Maine to have vacation and attend a small art fair. It will be good to see what the east coast has to say about my work. (my siblings especially)

I'll try to pop in occasionally but if I miss you all... have a great few weeks.

Barb

Dark_Shades
08-01-2003, 04:51 PM
shucks Barb..... miss you already lol...... wow that looks stunning framed... and one of my fav's of yours...... bargain to boot..... wish you luck with your shows..... how big is that painting now framed..... looks fantastic

bnoonan
08-01-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm still avoiding what I need to work on and checking messages.

Thanks - the final piece is 27" x 22". B

nougat
08-01-2003, 05:12 PM
I thought you were supposed to pee on bee stings ... but I might be thinking of snake bites ... or is it jellyfish stings

According to 'Friends' you pee on jellyfish stings......

Glad Your Nanna's sting cure worked Greg! I'm sure the whiskey helped too!!!

Barb lovely painting!! Good luck with the art fair.
nadine