07-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Just for fun :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2003/15037-quickies.jpg

~Memory~
07-31-2003, 06:59 PM
How fun and fruity! Makes me want fruit salad. :) Nice job:clap:

artistjan
07-31-2003, 07:16 PM
Thanks again! I think they are having a party ;)

Lady Carol
08-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Hmmmm! Salad anyone?

Wonderful abstract quality to this Jan. Although some would comment that none of the fruit overlap and that this is a mistake, I like this about your piece. You are right they are having a party...actually they are having a blast. The sun is an orange...how cool can you get.

artistjan
08-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Lady Carol
Hmmmm! Salad anyone?

Wonderful abstract quality to this Jan. Although some would comment that none of the fruit overlap and that this is a mistake, I like this about your piece. You are right they are having a party...actually they are having a blast. The sun is an orange...how cool can you get.

Thank you Carol. Actually it was my intention for the fruit not to overlap because I didn't want a "still" life - in fact I brought to apple closer to the bananas so it might look as if they were dancing or nuzzling ;)

I might do another of these - this was fun :)

fletch
08-03-2003, 05:15 PM
You keep having fun...and we'll keep enjoying the show...:)

Good job...:D

Eileenjm
08-04-2003, 07:15 AM
:clap: Nice painting and I agree with Fletch:cat:

Eileen

artistjan
08-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Thankyou Fletch and Eileen :) More fun will be on its way soon ;)

CarlyHardy
08-04-2003, 12:19 PM
You've achieved a surrealist effect with the fruit floating in the air. Watch your corners when placing objects around the canvas...you want to vary their colors and shapes to keep the eye moving into the painting.

I think you should do more of these...a series, perhaps?
carly

artistjan
08-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Thank you Carly. I was aware that they were not postioned very well - no planning went into this at all - I was just filling in spaces. I will do another one - but I am afraid of over-thinking and trying too hard and then losing the fun of it if you know what I mean.