PDA

View Full Version : Antoine de Saint Exupery

Aerobuby
08-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Antoine de Saint Exupery had come to Buenos Aires to serve as Chief of Traffic of the new line Aeroposta Argentina, designed to unite our vast territory.
Their urge to fly him to command the maiden voyage on 1/11/1929. On a cold morning, with warm coat, thick glasses and hat pilot departed towards Bahia Blanca Comodoro Rivadavia, in distant Patagonia. The roadmap testifies that flew 6 hours and 20 minutes at an average speed of 158 miles per hour. Noble used aircraft manufactured in France Latecoere 25, commonly called "Late 25", which could carry 4-5 passengers and postal charge. The pilot was in the cockpit open, subjected to cold wind and freezing temperatures.
Argentina had bought 16 of these devices, very fit for service "heavy" that here they were subjected and kept in flying many years, shaping the fledgling airline maintaining regular schedules with our extensive Southern, Chile, Paraguay and Brasil. The National Aeronautics Museum is currently exhibiting the only existence.
The legendary Saint Exupery, was also a pioneer of aviation, a remarkable writer, "Night Flight", "Country" and the famous "The Little Prince" are some of his notable literary successes. The June 14, 1944, during World War II was killed piloting a Lightning in scouting mission on the Mediterranean near Marseille.
.....................................................................................................
Watercolor 30 X 40 cms.
Translation by Google:crying: :crying:
Greetings.
Carlos

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Aug-2012/619862-LATE_25.jpg

NeilF92
08-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Interesting times - I pity the pilots in those conditions.

vegaskip
08-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Your paintings are always interesting, not just the aircraft , but the story as well.
Jim

halthepainter
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Carlos, I love your paintings and stories.

shadwell
08-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Interesting times - I pity the pilots in those conditions. i've had worse jobs !!

shadwell
08-23-2012, 12:43 PM
like your watercolour work !!