PDA

View Full Version : Another Profile

gmc
07-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi,

I am still working on profiles. I know they are usually frowned upon, but, what can I say, I love profiles.

11 x 14 grey canson pose from my daughter for angles and some color choices. Not a likness. That was not my goal.

Thank you for looking and/or commenting.

geri

ps came out kind of dark. lighter and brighter.

angeline
07-30-2003, 06:33 PM
I like this very much.......it has a mood to it that is haunting.....well done!

Nori
07-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Wonderful skin tones. Didn't know profiles were frowned on, yours is lovely.

Mo.
07-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Hi Geri...Can't understand why they are usually frowned upon, :confused: .. especially when they are as stunning as this one.....Bnoonan has a quote that says.... 'Do what you love and love what you do'.... good simple advice....you love doing profiles and do them brilliantly......so why apologise for your lovely work?...Be proud of what you do :)

This is a beautiful study!
~ :) Mo.

Nori
07-30-2003, 06:38 PM
P.S.: Terrific hair. I keep seeing new things in your picture. How do you generally work hair? When my efforts work out it's serendipity and not design so I'm alway eager to see how others approach it!!!

Dyin
07-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Geri, this is great...and the heck with what is frowned upon...this is lovely and refreshing...you did some nice cool and warm tones and yes, the hair is lovely...:clap:

Luvy
07-30-2003, 08:22 PM
I know I frown on profiles because I can't do them Why else are they frown upon? this is beautiful

rebus
07-31-2003, 06:20 AM
Why are profiles frowned upon? I prefer them. Love your skin tones in this but think she's a bit on the skinny side. You've captured her hair and back brilliantly. I like this very much.

Redsy333
07-31-2003, 10:38 AM
Stunning!!!
I say to hell with those that frown on it...:D
Those who can DO!
Those who cant...FROWN!! :D hehe

I love your application and the soft subtle shades of cool!
Very romantic and beautiful!!

Dark_Shades
07-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by gmc
Hi,

I know they are usually frowned upon, but, what can I say, I love profiles.

lol, you obviously know something we dont.......... this is a lovely portrait....... I agree with rebus though..... perhaps take out the viewers left arm line.... and give her a wider back

.... you have a distinctive style...... keep doing what you love

gmc
07-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks everyone for you kind comments. Yes, I, too would like her to put on a little weight. But, who am I. Just her mother.

Nori, I really don't do hair. The only thing I have there are blocks of color found "in" the hair from the shadows, highlights, reflected light etc. If I had to do each strand I would go crazy. I am trying to get away from detail work.

The reason I said "frowned upon" was people on another forum keep telling each other that profiles are boring. I really don't like that word as I don't feel boring exists. I happen to find profiles very intriguing and mysterious. Don't know why.

Thanks again all,

geri

D_Sweet
07-31-2003, 04:24 PM
Let'em frown... "They" are the ones with the wrinkles. Good work.
David :cool: