PDA

View Full Version : Scratchboard Peacock Feather

AriadneArts
07-29-2003, 11:03 PM
This one took 7 hours. Curved nib and straight pin.

White Claybord and India Ink 5 x 7
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2003/6306-scratchbd_peacock_feather.jpg

All comments/critiques welcome.

Jakeally
07-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Oh! Eileen this is awesome. Did you just paint the shape of the feather in ink first ....or was the whole board covered in black ink???
I cannot believe how quickly you are improving with this media.....it's just wonderful:clap: :clap:

myorca
07-30-2003, 11:01 AM
This looks so cool!!! Your becoming a machine!! hahahaha I think I need to send you some anti itch powder to keep you from scratching!! hehehehhe

Eileen you are doing a wonderful job!

bob

AriadneArts
07-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Thank you, Chris. Yes, I painted ink in a big blob, roughly feather shaped, where it was going to be scratched, with some overlap for artistic changes of mind while I actually scratched out the feather. Then I removed all excess black after the feather was scratched out. Glad you like it. I wasn't sure it was going to work, but by the time I got the lower barbs finished I got so excited because it WAS working! Then I just pretty much went for 7 hours -- couldn't stop.

Thanks Bob. Yep, a bit machine-like, I'm afraid (see above). LOL But please, no powder--I like the itch. ;)

Elankat
07-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Wow! Very cool Eileen! :D

I can't recall ever seeing a scratchboard being done like this.

sassybird
07-31-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by AriadneArts
This one took 7 hours. Curved nib and straight pin.

White Claybord and India Ink 5 x 7
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2003/6306-scratchbd_peacock_feather.jpg

All comments/critiques welcome.
Eileen, this is gorgeous. You have really gotten the hang of scratchboard.

Kalibabe
07-31-2003, 03:23 AM
I like this one the best of the scratchboards up to now...

It may be that I love feathers, their intricacy and delicacy....

Or the fact that it's the opposite way round to other scratchboards.

It's lovely!!!!

:clap: :D

AriadneArts
07-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Thank you so much LeAnne, Sass and Kalibabe. I'm really having a lot of fun with this. Getting ready to start an African Crowned Crane today. Obsessed? Who.......me? :eek: Nahhhhhhh. ;) :D