PDA

View Full Version : sunset

gnu
07-29-2003, 09:48 PM
blending oil pastels with solvent..the consequent layers go on very smoothly..
!00%cotton rag smooth WC paper(arches), Faber-Castell studio OP's. approx 7" x 8"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2003/7242-IMG_7646p_beach_light_sunset_small.jpg
any comments welcome..(I know the right hand pole is not dead vertical :) )

Dyin
07-29-2003, 09:58 PM
I like the concept...glad to see you so into the OPs!!! Are you stopping here??? Or do you have plans to carry a little of that color into the lamp bulbs? I'd think they'd have a faint orangish glow if they're not turned on yet...but I really know that other things do look black when the sun goes down like that and I always loved twilight best....nice one!!!

MKathleen
07-29-2003, 11:39 PM
Hi gnu:
Nice one!:clap: Looks like your having fun with your op's--I like the color combination. Wonder how it would look if the light posts were the same blue-purple--then as Sue mentioned add some of the sky orange into the light bulbs.
I do like your painting:)
Best,
Kathy

nougat
07-30-2003, 02:11 AM
Aren't OPs great??

And the colours you've used are lovely!

nadine

gnu
07-30-2003, 03:40 AM
thanks Guys..
Sue..I've added a tiny bit light to two of the lights(you can barely see it on the ref), and a bit more blue in the sea..
Kathleen..I don't undertand why the blue..when they're black anyway..??? and wouldn't they stand out less..? things are so silloutted at sunset...
Nadine..Hi..
thanks..I have a set of 24, not enuff to staisfy me..but it will have to do..I'd like a REAL red, and a nice Pale range other than pink and green.
I really appreciate you looking..
I'll learn more with each one..I can't promise it will be that regular..what with CP, WC, Acrylic and pastel to do..:D:D

Dark_Shades
07-30-2003, 07:23 AM
dont know much of using OP's only having used them once ...... but they are becoming very popular to use in the forum..... like your use of colours and the stark contrast, makes for a nice picture...... sets the mood very well

good one.......

Dyin
07-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Gnu...the little glow probably gave it some good definition...certainly sounds like your plate is full but hope you will join us with the OPs from time to time...it IS frustrating when you don't have a good color range so maybe there'll be a good sale on a bigger set in the future for you! Thanks for sharing!