PDA

View Full Version : Daily scramble! 29/7

angeline
07-29-2003, 05:28 AM
Morning all.
Well I had fun last night playing with my new pastels ....breaking them in half and then did a first layer on my spike picture that seems to have taken an age for me to get going on!Anyway it's off to a reasonable start.....will post when the comp stops crashing everytime we try to download our diggi pics! Its too big to scan and i'm no good with jigsaws!......lol
I'm impressed with how the nupastels are ...I expected them to be all rough and scratchy.......but for hard pastels i found them good to work with and the range of colours is inspiring..96 in the full set!
I seem to have found fresh enthusiasim for painting since this package arrived!.......lol :D
I'm even contemplating trying to play with the kids about!
my toe is on the mend......not hurting as much too!
Hope you all have a good day.

Mo.
07-29-2003, 05:38 AM
G'morning all... Great news about your toe Hayley, I'm still hobbling around with a support on my knee... the worst part is trying to go downstairs or downhill, feel like I'm going to collapse. :D.... your pastels sound fun, do they give out much dust?....... I'm missing my soft pastels, although enjoying the oils, still miss those soft ones...may have a play with the pencils today, as they don't produce much dust, so they may not make me cough so much... thinking of buying one of those extractor things that absorbs the dust in the atmosphere, anyone ever used one.... if so are they good?... looking forward to seeing what you've done.

angeline
07-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Hi Mo........No they didn't give out much dust at all compared to the soft ones.......thats part of what is written on the packaging.....that they have less dust than other pastels.....and are cleaner.I got mine from Dick Blicks....can't find nupastels in uk....the postage wasn't too bad either! and the pastel tote was half the price they charge in the uk for the same one! so that paid the postage!
OOOOhhhhhh pencil! come join the self portrait project in drawing and sketching! we are only on practicing eyes yet.
Hope your leg feels better soon.

bnoonan
07-29-2003, 07:00 PM
Evening to everyone or should I say - Good night???

Hope the wounded heal quickly and get back on their feet!!! You guys are making me feel weary.

Mo - I have to admit I had out my Terry Ludwig pastels yesterday and found myself coughing more than I have with the others. I'm still not buying a respirator but will be watching more carefully if the coughing is associated with that brand. I can't imagine it would be so but you never know.

Off to finish another painting and then it's time to pack up for class while the UK sleeps.

Cheers! Barb