PDA

View Full Version : GridArt

Summer Rose
07-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi
I've just recently discovered GridArt information. It seems; there have been master artist who have used this method. There are even "GridArt Canvases" available, along with "a tool ket", "Gride set" and the complete kit "GridArt Acrylic Kit".

Has anyone tred this method of painting?? I would like to get a few opinions before I purchase.

All help or opions will be appreciated.

Thanks to all

Meowlady
07-28-2003, 09:56 PM
I haven't a clue how to answer your question (a newbee here) but I feel like replying anyway. I lived in Corvallis for a while and found Oregon to be a glorious place to live. I liked Newport (beach town) even more.

When I lived in Oregon, back in the 70s, I was using oils. Can you imagine how long it took for oils to dry in Oregon???? Forever!!!!

Summer Rose
07-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Hi
Thanks for replying anyway. I'm a newbee too.
Oh, I am in Bandon,OR....Bandon by the sea...not far from Newport on the coastline.
Good luck in painting.
Carol

Leslie Pz
07-28-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't see why you can't use a grid, if you want! Just have fun creating!!!

tmcclary
07-29-2003, 02:54 AM
Summer Rose-

There is some information about the master painters that used grids in Betty Edwards classic book Drawing On the Right Side of the Brain . I will go and search for my copy after I get my little night owl to bed.

We are practically neighbors! I live in North Bend (by Coos Bay)!

Lady Rando
07-29-2003, 08:53 AM
I have done sketches using a grid and it can be very helpful. When I do mural work I will grid my smaller work and then grid the area I'm going to paint the mural. It helps keep my proportions when drawing on such a large scale.

I have seen "GridArt Canvases" and I think they would work well. Would save you time from drawing out your own grid. I don't remember the cost of those but if you can get them at a good price I would say give one or two a try.

scorpio32
07-30-2003, 01:51 AM
summer rose-check this out........I have their grid art templates,which I use all the time....hope this helps http://www.paintbygrids.com/articles/gridmethod.html

dave:D

Summer Rose
07-30-2003, 08:44 AM
I discovered that site after seeing GridArt advertized.
Thanks for posting it. Maybe others will check that method out and it will help others.

I think I'm gonna give it a try. Where did you buy yours?

Many thanks to you and others who have replied.
Carol

scorpio32
07-30-2003, 10:34 AM
I just happened upon it in Hobby Lobby........$20 but worth it

dave