PDA

View Full Version : My most detailed attempt

msue
07-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Most of my block printing designs have been very simple lines. This one is not nearly as detailed as some of the ones you guys have posted, but it is more detailed than I have ever done. I am very proud of myself and look forward to learning more.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jul-2003/259-ebay_items_002.jpg

timelady
07-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Aaaaw! He's cute! My brother has a dog just like this. Unfortunately, it's evil. ;) So this must be another dog!

Tina.

DanaT
07-28-2003, 09:33 PM
I like it. How long did it take to learn how to do this? You've got me interested in trying some printmaking for a journal project I'm doing.

msue
07-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Timelady, he's not evil just spoiled rotten. He's my step-mom's dog and I've never seen such a pampered pet.

DanaT, Learning to carve really doesn't take very long. I have been trying to get a class together to teach, but have scheduling problems. I actually carved this one in about an hour as a demonstration.

DanaT
07-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Have you thought about writing an article?

sassybird
08-03-2003, 10:53 PM
msue, you did a very nice job on this. Just enough detail to make him pop out.....lol I know spoiled. My two dogs run the house:D

You photo or scan is a bit washed out. You might try shooting the pics in indirect light, because sometimes the ink will pick up a sheen that makes it look lighter than it is in reality.

PinkRaven
08-11-2003, 06:08 AM
AWW! What a little darling! Pugs are one of my favorite breeds.
They have such complex expressions... that was a very challenging subject and you did a great job with him. You have every right to be proud of it!

Raven