PDA

View Full Version : gone but not forgotten

sundiver
07-27-2003, 03:12 PM
I found a snapshot of this from 2002 in my desk at the cottage . This place is now covered with paved streets and streetlamps, awaiting an upscale housing development and marina. :(
It's oil pastels, 5x7 on gessoed mattboard.
Thanks for looking. Critiques welcome!

Mo.
07-27-2003, 04:20 PM
How sad Wendy that this lovely piece of countryside should be developed with concrete...the price of progress I suppose....it's happeneing here too all the time, less and less countryside, more and more retail parks and concrete jungles...but you have this precious little painting and moment in time to remind you of how it was for ever...... It's lovely.

Mo.

Kathryn Wilson
07-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Sundiver:

Never thought of it this way, but as artists we are preserving the past and memories.

Thanks for posting this peaceful scene - I love the fencepost - very well done!

bnoonan
07-27-2003, 09:40 PM
I like this very much. You really developed the fence post and yet there's no question where it sits in reference to the viewer. Nice job and thanks for preserving the part where they paved paradise to put up a parking lot....

Barb

Dyin
07-28-2003, 02:14 AM
You did this very well...the story put me in mind of a place that is no more...and I wish I'd painted it...a favorite gravel bank on a river in Alaska, used to ride my bike there and watch eagles and beavers, one day the river changed it's course and cut it off...at least it's still wild and not developed...you did the area by the fence post so well I can imagine blackberries growing there...

Madder
07-28-2003, 06:05 AM
Beautiful, reminds me of living in Washington State and watching the property developers butcher the countryside, put up developments which were then vacant for months because they were so expensive...

Beautiful color work in the fence, thank you for capturing this.

angeline
07-28-2003, 06:07 AM
This is a lovely picture............what a shame the place has changed now!

Smudger
07-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Stunning:clap:

Craig Houghton
07-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Wonderful. I really love the texture on the fencepost -- well done.

-Craig

Dark_Shades
07-30-2003, 08:44 AM
missed seeing your paintings Wendy........ I too love the fence post and the light

...... wonderful......... well this will certainly be a collectors item for sure