PDA

View Full Version : Things that make me go 'hmmm'...

Keith Russell
07-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Good morning.

Why is there no 'Acrylic Hall of Fame' forum?

K

Elankat
07-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey Keith. I can't speak for this forum, but I can give a little insight into what a Hall of Fame involves. Speaking as a person who's helped organize the Hall of Fame forum over in CP, I have to say that there are some disadvantage to an HoF. The one we have can't have new posts made. So, new information can't be added without moving the thread back to the regular forum or moving a new thread into the Hall of Fame. Every thread has to be moved into the Hall of Fame and for it to be useful, an index needs to be created. Basically, it's a lot of work! I think I spent about 16 hours doing the index and organization for the CP one.

In cp, we used the sticky thread with links for as long as we possibly could. The advantage of the sticky is that multiple people can add links to it and the linked threads can be updated with new information. For a Hall of Fame, the mod has to do all the actual moving of threads and posting of information. So, if someone other than the mod does the organizing, they have to put the information into a spreadsheet or an email and get it to the mod. Then, the mod has to do all the work. It was only when our sticky thread of links got very long and disorganized that the CP Hall of Fame became worth the trouble.

Ivyleaf
07-29-2003, 07:49 PM
No hall of fame probably because no one has taken the time #1 to point out really really useful threads... or #2 someone (okay it's me) is still working on trying to compile said list ;) .

In the entire Acrylic Forum, there are currently 3 threads that have a rating...one of which is the thread asking everyone to rate threads...lol. So it's difficult to sort thru and determine which ones are useful to everyone when there aren't any rated threads to speak of...

There are never enough hours in the day, eh?

:D :D :D
Ivy

Leslie Pz
07-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Never enough hours and never enough days!

Ivyleaf
07-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Leslie...lol...oh so very true! Thanks for the *giggle*!

:D :D :D
Ivy