PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 27th July

Mo.
07-27-2003, 05:15 AM
G'Morning everyone...... It's a bright sunny morning here, after lots and lots of rain.....my dog is pestering me to take him walkies, so will make this a quicky..... check out the new project for oil pastels, hope you all have a go, even if you have never used oil pastels before..... it was all this recent rain that gave me the idea for the title.:D.......

Whatever you are doing today, make it a happy and enjoyable one.

cheers,

Mo.
07-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Helloooo..anyone out there:D............Well that was a short walk.... there was a car boot sale going on in the park today....wish I'd known, could have sold loads of junk....

Back to painting for me....
Bye all.

E-J
07-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Hey Mo :)

I'm having a fun and relaxing w/e ... a superb night out (summer party at Kings College and then out clubbing) on Friday ... a visit from a friend yesterday (we had dinner and played boules in one of the local parks ... the English weather kicked in towards the end, tho, so my hands were getting slippery ... that's my excuse for losing :D) ... bought three mounts, none of which fits any of my paintings, LOL ... this morning I finished my landscape, read a bit more of The Pastel Book by Bill Creevy and surfed the forum ... and I've got more reading and painting planned for the rest of Sunday. Tempted to get out the oil pastels, but I'm lost as to how to tackle a rainy scene. Will look to you for guidance, Mo ~ as usual :)

Have fun!

angeline
07-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Well hello all.........I've been a tad low really........got very very drunk on friday and have broken my little toe as punishment! So now i have to take a night off work as i can't walk properly! I fibbed a bit when i said my hols were fab......there is alot of history with me and my parents ......and my hubby bless him deals with it all wondefully.........i just wish my mum could see what a good man i have! Anyway enough to say i got very drunk in response to trying to hide my dissapointment and sadness at how the fortnight was really. I shall return my normal self soon.

Dyin
07-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Awww, Hayley....lots of us have to deal with those 'family' issues...the trick is to know that what you are doing, who you are with is right for YOU...very rarely can we make others change how they think...all that matters truly is how you think....and it's their loss if they can't see beyond their narrow-mindedness...
there's comfort in having self-confidence even if other's try to tear it down...hope your toes gets better quick...next time paint your frustrations out...a lot easier on body parts!
E-J...your painting came out lovely!!! I have that book too...but IMHO he's a little weak in the OP section, although he does have some info that's valuable...I don't think he shows the full potential of the OPs...you should have a go at the project...a good way to learn!
Mo...haven't signed up yet, but will do one....

sundiver
07-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi all.
I'm sneaking a few minutes before I get packing for our drive to Winnipeg to visit the in-laws.
We're stopping in Toronto for...are you ready?.....the SARS concert. Eight hours of the Rolling Stones, AC-DC, Guess Who, Rush, Justin Timberlake, etc.etc. Can you tell we have two teenagers? I saw the Stones in the Sixties; we've all changed since then! (But I think they are more wrinkly!:D ) So if you are one of the 400,000 I will be sharing the field with, maybe I'll see you there!
I have a couple more pictures to post. I put 3 in the Plein Aire forum, not great so won't bother cross-posting. I also gave away one and sold another before I got a chance to scan them :(.
I hope everyone's having a great summer. Hayley, sorry the family politics got in the way. Happens to most of us now and then, unfortunately.
I haven't painted as much as I would have liked at the cottage. We decided to sand the floor- my brilliant idea- and the dust got into EVERYTHING. Some of you know I'm allergic to dust...well, we had to clean every single thing in the cottage, twice, including walls, and me looking like a big bug in a heavy-duty dust mask, in the heat and humidity.
Took days. But the floor looks good!

flower
07-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Nice to come in again, been at the caravan, first week of the summer hols, had 2 of my granddaughters friends to stay plus about a 100 kids from the site, they all want to play card games with guess who me, im tired out and ive another 5 weeks to go LOL.

Just packed up and came home to take a breather, good news for me, ive found an artist who has written books on pastel, oil pastel etc. Hes designed pastel brushes that are being sold like mad in america, and i had him for 3 hours to myself on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He took me right to the basics, it was fantastic, i learnt to much with him, ive never seen anyone put pastel to paper, i always thought pastel was mixing everything with your fingers, and lo and behold, i can save my fingertips.....................................hes agreed to take me as a student, ill go every 2 weeks for 3 hours, but i have to do my homework......OR im in trouble LOL

just had to tell someone cos im really excited, maybe youve heard of him Franz Josef Bettag...........

Angeline i could write a book about my visits to England and my mum, its good that you got to stay the 2 weeks, we usually have to pack up and go after 4 or 5 days.................it makes me so unhappy that i live so far away, and it always ends up the same.
Just think about the nice things that came out of it, no matter how small they were, make your peace with your mum on the telephone, and dont count the days till the next visit, chin up

Mo.
07-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Oooh that E-J is out partying again.... :D.... Have fun girl.... Boules sounds fun, never tried it , but seen it played in car parks and on the beach... must pop nd look at your finished painting....it's bound to be good.....

Hayley.....I feel your pain, so sorry to hear that you are down....problem is with Mums, they seem to think no one is good enough for their daughters......:) Hope that toe heals quickly.... ..gosh that's two broken toes now.....wasn't it Gayle who also broke a toe? You guys better heal up quickly, and pop in here for a chat...we'll cheer you up :).........

Sue hope you do sign up after all that pressurising :D:D (just joking)...:)

So good to see you beack if only briefly Wendy...love that series of hay bales paintings..... rolling Stones hey? :D Rather you than me... take some ear plugs with you.... I wonder how they keep going, but they do...even with the wrinkles... Jagger must be what sixty at least ......you have to admire them.:D

Patricia.... What exciting news .... you must keep us updated on your lessons.... and find out all you can for us oil pastellers too.... good luck with coping with the kids. :D:D

I've been working on a new painting for most of the day, about half finished...... so far so good....hope to finish soon..leaving it to rest for an hour to harden off a bit...then back to it while the flow is with me.

Tarra for now.

angeline
07-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Aw thanks .....you really are lovely people! Will get some drawing /painting done soon and share.

bnoonan
07-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Bopping in here late to say that I'm glad to hear all families are the same. My mom's visit was only a week long and yet I was exhausted at the end of it - and she's more accepting as she ages - can only imagine what you went through Hayley.

I'm here to report that Mick Jagger officially turned 60 either today or yesterday - saw it on the news. He still has a heck of a lot of energy and I'm sure he put on a great show. Wendy - forgot to mention those bales of hay are glorious!!!!

Patricia I'm so excited for you. There is nothing better than finding a teacher you want to work with and one who wants to share so much of their valuable knowledge. Keep us posted on his homework assignments and your work. We'll all want to see.

Mo - glad to hear you're still onto those cheetahs. I'm a bit less inspired lately and need a good ol Redsy or was it Chooky kick in the butt. Perhaps you can help.

Well - off to post a recent group of paintings that I did for pure fun.

B