PDA

View Full Version : multi media pastel panels

crazywoman53
08-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Has anyone framed this particular board using the S channel plastic strips? Though it is rigid it isn't as thick as the other boards and I'm wondering if it will break in there or flop around.

allydoodle
08-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm curious to see the answer as well Christine. Someone recently gave me a board to try out, it seems like a nice surface to paint on. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it feels nice.

IMaybe
08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
:) I have used this surface a few times, and it is brittle. I love the pastel across it tho, and hope you get some info about framing it!

crazywoman53
08-14-2012, 06:27 PM
The first shipment I got they were broke when they arrived, which led me to believe they are rather brittle without the thickness to support a lot of pressure like masonite. The replacement batch were perfect and I've enjoyed painting on them. The last three paintings I've done have been on that board. I haven't tried any out of the way under paintings on them yet though.. just straight pastels.

Kathryn Wilson
08-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Where can I purchase those S channel strips - I'd like to see a demo of how to use them. I've used the econo strips, but I don't think they will work.

I've started using the ProArt Panels and they are on foam core and wonder if they will fit into those channels.

I was wondering how to frame my current painting - this could be the answer.

crazywoman53
08-15-2012, 10:40 PM
I ordered some from this place http://artright.com/spacers-compare.htm They have the S shaped ones they call framespace. I thought the artboard went into the channel but in looking at this it appears the glass goes in and the spacer sits on the panel. I'm thinking if the panel had a solid board behind it, they might work.

Kathryn Wilson
08-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Okay, now that make sense - the glass goes in the slot, not the foam core.

Thanks for the link!