PDA

View Full Version : FND - OP Bear

Kathryn Wilson
07-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Hi Guys: I participated in tonight's Friday Night Drawing and thought I would post here too. 2 hours on a bear - and it was a bear to do too. OP's on black canson.

He's not finished - I ran out of time - but it was fun just participating and seeing all the different techniques.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2003/14941-bear1.JPG

Dyin
07-25-2003, 11:04 PM
Kat...he's really cool!!! I love the way you did the strokes for his fur, really gave him lots of definition...hope you just develop the head a bit and leave the rest alone...I really like it! It's really different from most of your work...

Kathryn Wilson
07-25-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure I can re-work the head - it was scraped off 3 times. I just could not get the placement of those ears right. Probably will scrap this one and try on velour - it just cries for velour.

Not sure how this is different from my other work - loosey, goosey as usual. :confused:

Dyin
07-25-2003, 11:30 PM
It has a different rhythm...loose, yes...but it dances! Think I might try one of the pics tomorrow...will set the 2 hours...want to try something different, would be a good way to try...

Kathryn Wilson
07-25-2003, 11:34 PM
LSM - I think you can even post late - tomorrow. Might check into that. Can't wait to see what OP technique you're going to try.

Bear

Dyin
07-25-2003, 11:39 PM
yep, Bear..will make it my first project of the day...should be interesting...

Swamp

butterfly
07-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Kyle ... this is great

"Friday Night Drawing ..." what is this ... have I been away too long and missed something?

Butterfly/Roni

Kathryn Wilson
07-26-2003, 07:10 AM
Hi Butterfly: The Drawing forum sponsors a Friday Night Drawing "event" that are announced I think every other Friday Night (but need to check on that). Someone volunteers to come up with a theme, photos and monitors the thread for that evening. You have two hours to draw, paint, ink, scratchboard (any medium you want to use) to interpret the theme photos.

This was my first and it was fun. This past FND can be found in the Drawing Forum with all the posted finished/unfinished pieces.

Join the event next time!

Mo.
07-26-2003, 07:49 AM
This is great Kat....love the fur texture... I didn't have the time to join in this week..... looks like you had fun too. :)

Kathryn Wilson
07-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks Mo - it was fun - would this be something the pastelists might be interested in. A PND??? We do have alot going on the forum - but it might be a good change of pace once in awhile. Just a little thought to maybe replace the Pastel Riot every so often?