PDA

View Full Version : help!

MikeN
07-24-2003, 02:00 PM
I want to take a photo from the reference library but cant figure out how to save it with out the WC background.

Any advice?

thanks,
mike

soap
07-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Huh? I don't understand. All I do is point your mouse on the pic, right click and than 'save as'.........

MikeN
07-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Hiya soap,

Yup I did the right click thing but it saves the whole screen rather then just the picture. I wanted to use just the picture in a thread *with out the background*

mike

IndigoRed
07-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Are you right clicking and "save background" or clicking "save picture as"?

If you know how to get into your temperary internet folder in your windows explorer , the picture will be in there as all pictures, links, websites, banners, ect. are saved in that folder as you surf the net, and they are usually by themselves not attatched to the webpage they were on , on that website.

MikeN
07-24-2003, 03:13 PM
thanks I got it.

mike

Mo.
07-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Mike ... here's another way to save the pic if you have this facility....point your cursor to the top left corner of the pic you wish to save and the little grey window will open ..... then click on the save icon, ...the first one on the left..see pic below.....

Mo.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jul-2003/5154-screen_shot.jpg

IndigoRed
07-24-2003, 03:54 PM
OOO i had forgotten about that neat little thing! I think it only comes with Windows XP tho. Along with this little box/button thing at the bottom of a picture to the right that makes it bigger instead of the size to fit your screen.

Mo.
07-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Steph... I have Windows 98... probably came with one of the updates, all I know is that one day I didn't have it, the next I did.... :D

rd2ruin
07-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Once upon a time I worked on computers... lol

This is a feature of Internet Explorer. I dont remember what version it came on, but if you go to the IE toolbar (up top your screen there) and Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> the 'Advanced' Tab.

Scroll down to the Multimedia section. If there's an option for "Enable Image Toolbar", make sure there's a check in it.

- Greg

soap
07-25-2003, 03:17 AM
LOL, sorry Mike - I knew there must have been more complicated going on that what I suggested! :D
I've never had those troubles.....

Glad it seems to be solved now.