PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 24 July 2003

soap
07-24-2003, 03:13 AM
Hi guys! Anybody up yet? Anybody still in before going to work?
I thought I'd start the scumble again. Don't worry, if you are getting enough of me starting this, I'll be gone for a week soon. :D :D

I liked Gayze question last night about how many pastels we all got. It is funny (I find) that you can do so much with a small amount. I suspect if I had hundreds and hundreds of pastels, most of them would never be used, because don't want to dig for them! LOL. I've got one 60 box of Rembrandts....er...boughts around 35 Schmincke's by now......and say about 40 Rembrandts bought seperately......that would make......er....135...sounds about right.....still have the 'darks' of Unison on my wishlist.....:D Have only been pastelling again since a year........I wonder how much I will be buried in pastels in a few years......!

Mo, I am sure you have loads and loads!!

Anyway, I spoke to my neighbour yesterday and we're still on speaking terms, but I think they thought I was talking rubbish. Kids are kids, and they need to let off steem - was the reply. Bleh! That is quite noisy steem, that they wake us up in the night! There are loads of kids in the neigbourhood, but only theirs are constantly screaming and shouting and the parent shouts and screams as loud as the kids.

Oh well, I tried......Hopefully we will not have to live here forever.....

Am gonna frame stuff today.

E-J
07-24-2003, 03:26 AM
Hi Sophie and the rest of you's

I should be getting ready for work ... NOT sitting in my nightgown surfing WetCanvas!!! We are finally going live today with our revamped online info service, which will be a huge relief ... wondering if anyone will think to bring in a bottle of champagne :)

Visiting a friend after work but will work some more on my Solutré picture when I get home!

Smudger
07-24-2003, 07:09 AM
Good day all...it's quiet around here today!

E-J love your burgundy pic... did i miss the photos of your trip?

How many Pastels? never enough!

rd2ruin
07-24-2003, 07:43 AM
Sun's up in America, and so am I for some reason.

I have one 72 box of CretaColor. That's all I use. Have the 80 half stick of Sennelier, but they're collecting dust.. too much hassle for what you get.

Today I am on the verge of my first interview in three months, so I have to learn a couple programs. And I'm working on an oil painting of Kauai Valley, Hawaii

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jul-2003/17338-tnsitting.jpg

Cheers!
- Greg

soap
07-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Guys......it really pays off to frame your own work. (just done three) It is a very satifying job as everything looks a lot better! :D

Don't let them gather dust, but frame them and show off to the world.

(well, at least that's what I'm gonna try :D :D....one day)

Dyin
07-24-2003, 09:51 AM
oooh, Greg...lovely colors...the blond hair is a bit shocking! Interesting I think of folds in the rock and then realize that is exactly what lava rock does...it folds....very cool...really do like the colors....
Soap...ah, the problem with kids is usually the parent's attitudes...kid's WILL be kids...but what's allowed makes a diff...hope they'll calm it down a little for you...
Hi Smudge...working on that left bank?
E-J...online info service? Do tell....
Well, now I have two slow paintings going lol! I really am trying to get the portrait done but it's just harder to work in the heat...so I'm attacking in the mornings...then trying to do a better one for the pastel riot...that's afternoons...that should be done pretty soon...I'm trying a totally different approach, but I just can't go too fast or ruin things...
Does anyone have any cool weather they can send my way??

soap
07-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Cool enough here in Manchester.....

angeline
07-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi all.
Well how many pastels do I have?........ummmmmmmm.......72 unisons.......60 half schminkes.........24 half windsor and newton.........oh and some cheap hard pastels....about 12.
But then i have a full set of nupastels on their way to me.......lol
Ok about those eyes........i will try to give you a link ....but just in case its page 6 on the eyes homework ......drawing and sketching forum.

angeline
07-24-2003, 11:45 AM
OMG! it worked! *jumps about geefully*
Oh I have been shopping today......and got us a new dinner set that matches our kitchen......terracotta,yellow,green and blue......been looking out for ages so was really pleased with this find.

bnoonan
07-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Far too many pastels and yet never the right color....

Actually I think I've got 6 brands of pastels - some only 1 color (unison) and I'm always shopping for more especially when the sales calendar comes out.

My mom who was visiting for a week just left and I feel like I have a whole new attitude on life - I can't wait to catch up on undone projects and finally return to the easel.

As for cool weather - we have it all the time in San Francisco - especially in the summer fog. I wish I could blow some your way but it may not work so easily.

Greg - I'd love to be in that exact spot now - sitting on a rock with my cup of coffee and the breeze in my face. It's enticing. Glad to see you back agian.

Hayley - enjoy those dishes.

EJ- I'll pop a virtual bottle of champage for you if you'd like POP!!!

Smudge - love the expression.... "the left bank" - good luck on that and keep us posted.

Sophie - sent you a PM - but I'll say it here too - great job on the portrait forum. That project has sure been a huge success!!!

Bye now...

Barb:D

meowmeow
07-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing. Looks like you are all great...good news!
I'm feeling better....but they want me to think about surgery. Yuck! I need to talk to my doctor at home but I know he agrees. I suppose I will end up going for it rather than risk another episode of this intestinal crappola!
We also have had company and we been busy with our grandson so I ave not done much painting. A little bit though...and getting some things matted for the next show, which is August 2. And in between we are taking our grandson to the White Mountains for a few days...whew!I'm exhausted!
I miss hanging around here and should be back soon...you all be good and keep producing all those wonderful masterpieces! :D

Sandy

Dyin
07-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi Sandy...sure hope that all gets straightened out soon, you'll feel tons better with it over...
Barb!!! I felt a hint of a second of cool....great try lol! Missin ya...
HAYLEY!!! OH WOW...those are a great set of eyes!!!! Way to go!!!! I see Nougat had a good set there too!!!
Sure, Soap....tease me:mad: :D

Gayze
07-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Good (peeks at clock) afternoon, all!

No, we're not distracted today, are we? :)

Took a virtual stroll over to the Eyes thread, wow. All entries are just gorgeous -- I just love eyes, some day I'll actually be able to draw/paint them. Windows to the soul for sure.

Soap, I half agree with your neighbor that kids need to be kids, but in the middle of the night? Mine pretty much slept during those hours, but then again I don't refer to my two as Wednesday and Pugsley for nothing. Heh.

Greg, Ever see "Blues Clues"? A children's show where the characters leap into paintings and visit the scene ... Pretty much bruised my nose on my computer screen looking at your Hawaii painting.

Oh, Dear, Sandy ... sure hope it doesn't come down to surgery, but if that is what is best to end the problem for good.... Healing thoughts winging their way to you.

Am enjoying the "how many pastels" chat. :) My six whole Rembrandt sticks arrived today ... first I've used aside from the Winsor & Newtons, and they're definitely quite a bit harder, but still a nice feel to them as far as the scribbling about I did when I opened the package could tell me. Maybe I'll actually be able to color inside the lines with these. <G>

--Gayze

Mo.
07-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Just popping in to say a quick evening all, .....

Sandy great that you are feeling better today... hope it doesn't come to surgery for you.

Barb... Good to see you back again, can't wait to see what comes off your easel... hope you share with us..

Great painting Greg.. super eyes Hayley, they are a WOW!!

Sophie... great stuff on the framing, wish I had the space to do my own.....

Have fun all