PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah scratchboard WIP

myorca
07-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi gang, I am posting this over here as well so Eileen can see the process of how I do my boards. I hope it helps. I should have scanned it sooner, but I think it will help.

Bob

myorca
07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
And a close up:

myorca
07-22-2003, 10:49 AM
ooops....close up

Jakeally
07-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Wow.....Bob..... this is looking great. Thanks so much for posting here in Mixed/Alternative. I am sure it will help Eileen and a lot more people as well:clap: :clap:

AriadneArts
07-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Wow, Bob. This is gorgeous. How big is it and what tools are you using? How do you get the soft shadows in the teeth? Thank you for thinking of me and posting it here. Where do you normally post your scratchboard pieces?

myorca
07-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi Eileen,

Thank you for the comments!! This is an 8x10 board. I use a straightpin for all my scratching. I post to the animal/wildlife forum most of the time. To obtain the shadows of the teeth, I stippled the area over and over. This takes a ton of time to do with a pin but the results give a smooth hard appearance.

Bob

myorca
07-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your comments! I will try to remember to post more often over here instead of just the animal/wildlife forum. That forum has pretty much become my home on here and should actually post more of them to this area as well for those scratchers out there! :)

Bob

paintergirl
07-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Whew,beautiful Bob. The detail...your time and patience!Wow!
Can you keep posting your works here, I know I sure appreciate seeing them. How long do you guesstimate that this cheetah has taken you so far...
* I hate being asked that myself, so my apologies... Just never having worked in this medium and the detail is so exquisite, had to ask :D

sassybird
07-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Bob, thank you for sharing this WIP with us. I hope that you continue posting your progress and the final piece. You are doing a fab job on this one:)

myorca
07-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Here is an update on the Cheetah.

Paintergirl, I have about 75 hours into this so far, which is pretty quick for me. I have been working on multiple pieces and it seems to be going quicker when I switch between them rather than stay on one piece.

Sassy!! :) Thank you!! I will post my boards here from now on too. I dont know why I stopped doing that in the first place. Got caught up in the animal/wildlife area i guess!! hehehe

Bob

Jakeally
07-24-2003, 05:32 AM
Just wonderful Bob...... it's fascinating to see him come to life.