PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 22 July 2003

soap
07-22-2003, 03:48 AM
A very good morning to you all!
How's life?
After some downpours yesterday (you rarely see the whole street looking out of the window at the same time - it was quite a sight!) the sun is out this morning. Clear blue sky. Hope it will last.

Am hoping to receive some frames today, so I can do some framing. Will touch up the portrait I am working on. Maybe some study today. Tonight is my final :crying: life class untill september. Shame I just received some great advice I want to put to practice from the figure forum. Will practice it tonight.

I hope to finish off some study work before my week holiday next week. Am so looking forward to it and God knows we (well, mostly he) need a holiday. Saturday morning around 6 am (why did I choose such a ridiculously early flight) we're off to sunny Holland. Great, can't wait.

Smudge, I hope to see some more of your Chelsea. That is going to be such a stunner! I am not as good as our guide to remember what everybody is doing, but whatever it is - make it a good one and share it here if you feel like it.

Cheers,
Soapy

Smudger
07-22-2003, 03:52 AM
Morning all:D

Am hoping to receive some frames today

Where do you get yours soap??

Little Smudge starts school in September and i'm taking him to meet his new teacher and see the school today, the same infants school that i went to!... i wonder if i'll still be scared of the headmistress.:D

soap
07-22-2003, 03:58 AM
aaaohh, that's so sweet,.......the same school you went to! I am just wondering when summer holidays start, the school (practically) next door is still buzzing with children! The school run has just ended and one can enter the street again (before = packed with cars, parents and kids LOL).

I get my frames from Framecraft Wales (althoug I should not tell clients this of course - secrets of the trade LOL). Built up a nice relationship with those guys in Wales and they have excellent servive.

Smudger
07-22-2003, 04:00 AM
I get my frames from Framecraft Wales

Cheers Soap...do they have a website?

E-J
07-22-2003, 04:15 AM
Hey Mark ~ here's the thread where Sophie shared all her info about online/offline mounting and framing places:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109816&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I STILL haven't got around to getting any of my stuff properly framed :(

I'm about to start work: validating the functionality of our new-and-improved internet service [is there a 'yawn' icon?] Tonight, though, I'm going punting on the river Cam with my husband and his colleagues, so let's hope the weather stays at its current level of sunny fabulousness :D

E-J
07-22-2003, 04:22 AM
... and I was going to suggest, Sophie, that now your classes are coming to an end, perhaps your partner could offer his services as life model? :)

soap
07-22-2003, 04:36 AM
Yeah E-J, I suggested that to my partner.....but eh....I cannot possibly share his godly body with the world, can I? :D :D
hmm, maybe a private study evening.....LOL

Smudge, they have a phone number, where you can ask for their brochure. Also, as you're near London, they'll be at the A&I fair where, no doubt, they'll have all their frames on display. Wish I could go! phone: 01685 379719

(in the thread E-J suggested I mention BJR framing. I did not like their service - took ages to deliver and they 'forgot' to include the promised samples. No good to me, but Jackie seems to have had good experiences with them)

Smudger
07-22-2003, 04:38 AM
Cheers for the link E-J...hope the weather stays good for your punt:D

soap
07-22-2003, 04:40 AM
punting......er......dictionary......

soap
07-22-2003, 04:41 AM
moving your boat forward with a stick? right?
Have fun anyway!

Smudger
07-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by soap
moving your boat forward with a stick? right?
Have fun anyway!

LOL:D

E-J
07-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by soap
punting......er......dictionary......

LOL

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_(boat)

soap
07-22-2003, 05:40 AM
Very helpful indeed. I now remember those typically English pictures of boats bumping into one another with Oxbridge students in them - all having a 'jolly' good time.......

We (the Dutch) used to move our boats forward with poles in the nineteenth century, then used horses, but we've got engines and sales for that now.......

is it me?

E-J
07-22-2003, 06:07 AM
It's done for pleasure now, Sophie. We've moved on since the days of the Puritans ~ Dutch or otherwise ;)

soap
07-22-2003, 06:14 AM
Ah! Ok, I'll leave my patriotism behind then.

It sounds like good fun though! Hope the weather will be good.

Bkargraves
07-22-2003, 10:03 AM
I have a stupid question. Doesn't have anything to do with "punting".( I thought that was what you did to a football) How do you go about getting a website or web page? Where do I look and how do I create it. I don't even know where to start.
Oh, by the way, I am still picking peaches, ahhhh!!!

soap
07-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Do a search here on wetcanvas, look in the business forum and the computer forum. There are loads of ideas and threads about this. Good luck!

nougat
07-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Happy Holidays all!!

Here the weather is sweltering!! We go from one heatwave to the next with barely a day respite!!

Ah well i don't really mind as long as my boys are home on hols!!!!

nadine :)

Mo.
07-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Evening all..... Loved reading all that banter about punting.... I can just see Sophie now.... punting away... the boat going forward and the pole staying behind stuck in the river bed with Sophie hanging on for dear life. !!! :D:D:evil::D

Bkargraves... they dribble a football. :D confusing hey?... I can smell those peaches form here.... Mmmmm... how about sharing the recipe?... As to a website there are lots of places that offer free webspace.. you could do a google search as well... Sophie's advice there is good though.. I'm fortunate as my server offers free web space which is great... no pop up adverts and such,

Well not much to report today been busy, but nothing much to show for it... Will be off to town tomorrow to have lunch with my daughter and a conflab about up and coming exhibition.... gosh it's getting so close now, my knees are starting to knock. :D

Have a great day tomorrow all.