PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scramble 21-07-03

Smudger
07-21-2003, 04:16 AM
Morning all, hope you all had good weekends.
It's certainally been busy in here over the weekend, lots of new posts and lots of talented newcomers:D

Mo- i think your newcomer thread definitely encouraged a few newbies...well done

Mo.
07-21-2003, 04:58 AM
G'Morning Smudge and everyone folllowing....The welcome post does seem to have encouraged some newcomers into our flock Smudge.... Great that,:D.... Did you have a relaxing weekend?

I won't be around much today, have lots of stuff to sort out for the forthcoming Exhibition and work get to the framers...... also some family things to see to......Hows your Chelsea painting developing..... done anymore yet..... hope you are feeling all relaxed after your weekend :)

until later.....

Kathryn Wilson
07-21-2003, 07:16 AM
Good Morning from the East Coast of US! Looks a little overcast today - was a long, hot weekend - but got lots of OP experiments done.

Going to have lunch with a bunch of buddies from where I used to work and taking a small portfolio of my recent pastels. They think I have been lazing around for the past 6 months! If I get real gutzy, I might stop in at a small gallery on the way home - but that will be a huge step for me - I am such a wuss.

Have a good day!

Smudger
07-21-2003, 07:16 AM
Hi, Mo... yes it was a very relaxing weekend and i got to have a flight in a helicopter! :cool: great fun... i just need to go in a Tank and a Submarine now and then i've covered all forms of transport:D,oh! apart form Space! but i definitely can't afford that one:eek:

Did do some more work on Chelsea, but i'm at that point that comes in all my pictures when i hate it and don't know what to do next... not enough planning i know! but it will pass and i'll get on with it.

How's everyone else this week?????

Smudger
07-21-2003, 07:17 AM
We X Posted Kyle...Good Morning:D

Kathryn Wilson
07-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Hi Smudger: Work through that phase!!! That is a really wonderful piece of work, although it is gratifying to hear that others go through the same phase I do with every painting.

S'funny, when you first start you're all excited and free-flowing, then the second phase comes in and you're trying to get all the technical stuff right, then that dreaded "hate this piece" phase comes waltzing in - it's no fun, but pull it together - and then the last phase gets to be fun too with all the yummy highlights.

:cat:

angeline
07-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Evevning all.........not long before i go to work again.......night 6 of 7 so i'm feeling a bit tired now.......still love it though!
Smudge I just love your chelsea picture ....keep at it.
I just love comming here .....feel like i'm with like minded friends.....and such wonderful artwork to look at too!
Oh I am tired ....getting all soft.........lol
better get ready for work.

rd2ruin
07-21-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm reaching the last two weeks of my oil paints class, so I've been busy cleaning up some of my lessons. Trying to get back into the swing of pastelling, but them oil paints sure are tempting.

It's been a very odd transition learning another medium. I'm so used to blending on the surface that my oils have a blocky feel. And so used to having 80 colors available at my fingertips, that using 10 oils has become, if nothing else, a great lesson in learning how colors are derived. I dont know how this applies to pastels yet, but I'm sure that knowledge can only help.

The worst part of the "I hate this peice" is when someone else (usually uninvited) sees it and says "What's it supposed to be again? That don't look like no apple." I lose more paintings this way from bonking the critic over the head with it.

Argh!

Cheers!
- Greg

Dyin
07-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Morning all....Greg, you are sure putting the smiles on my face today...critic bonking...ought to be an Olympic event....snork!
Oooh, Smudger....was the helicopter fun?????
Kyle....don't wuss out....the worst you can get is a no....the best is a yes and even with a no you might get pointed in a direction that will give you a yes!!!!
Mo...getting excited and it's not even my exhibition!!! Hope you remember to enjoy this!!!
Angeline...soft suits you!
I stayed up til 2am finishing the sandcastle piece...well, actually started it a 9, then finished at midnight, then needed a couple hours to wind down....so today am doing that bad word thing so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow and can just jump in and work on my WIP....Nuther hot one...103 right now...whew.

E-J
07-21-2003, 04:50 PM
And today's "itis" is ... sinusitis!! I'm beginning to bore even myself with all my silly cold-related ailments :rolleyes:

Hope you've all had a productive and fun day. Not necessarily in that order :)

Dyin
07-21-2003, 04:54 PM
E-J...you poor thing! please...no more itis's!!!! unless it's paintitist...k????? get better soon....

Mo.
07-21-2003, 06:10 PM
oh sheesh E-J... you are having a time of it.. too much partying and late nights my girl. :) your painting is off to a good start, hope you'll post in a seperate thread.....Hey Smudge ... helicopter I'd love, but sub... no way, ever been up in an air balloon? I love to to that one too....must go see what you've done on Chelsea too.... has little Smudge arrived yet?.... Hayley poor you, working all those night shifts.... get the pastels out when it's quiet and paint some bedpans. :D:D that should cheer you up.... Oooh I'm :evil: Take care girl. :).... Greg...oils are THE cream of mediums, wish i could go back to them, but no room at the moment for all those canvasses... enjoy them greg, it's amazing how many colours you can make from just the basics.... have you posted any up in the oil forum?

Well sorted some work out today to take to the framers tomorrow... been working on a write up for flyers, was supposed to attend a meeting about the exhibition this afternoon but unfortunately it was cancelled, another date to be arranged.... this evening decided to do another painting for Sophie's portrait project ... which took me about 2. !/2 hours.... this time in OP's..enjoyed that one...... Barb ... where are you girl... missing you!.... and Mikki... how are those Murals doing... want to see..... Dawn is hopefully enjoying herself in the South of France... and taking care of herself too...... look out when she comes back :D things will not be the same. :D:D..... Question for you.... has anyone ever seen a duck flying backwards? :D:D

Dyin
07-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Mo...you're obviously working too hard...lol! No backwardflyingducks in my life so far!!!

Mo.
07-21-2003, 07:57 PM
;) ;) ;)