PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michaelangelo-August 2012

trafford
08-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Where is everybody? :crying: I suppose you are lying on the beach or taking long inspiring walks...or perhaps the grand tour. You should be in a tiny studio sweating over a drawing or smearing up some meaningful abstracts. OK, I'm not doing much either.

We had some beautiful weather for a little while and now we are back to humidity again. Hard to know what to eat...How about ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hope to hear from you soon....:heart: :heart:

artbyjune
08-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Not doing much. I think I'll rest a bit over August!!

faithstreet
08-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Love It Guys Amazin

gakinme
08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I hurt my back recently at work while sitting for too long in a wrong chair and am still trying to nurse my injury for 3 months now. My output has really dwindled.

But in the meantime, I've started showing my work in public. Around 30 pieces in the senior center and while it's informal, I have learnt a lot from seeing my work all lined up against the wall and what kind of size, frame and style I need to attract attention. I made a small slideshow here.

http://youtu.be/k4-_u2J9RnY

I've shown it to my colleagues and one painting is pre-sold now, and 2 commissions if I could wing it. Scenery and a dog. Arggh...never drew dogs much.

Here's my slideshow.

http://youtu.be/k4-_u2J9RnY

At the work front, I'm still angling for promotion. I'm worried that I'm so good at my job that they won't let me move up or laterally. A pain in the back exacerbating the real life one.

azulparsnip
08-05-2012, 01:06 PM
congrats Sandra - you have a good variety of medium and subjects...

fun slideshow.!!!

tyree
08-06-2012, 07:32 AM
I finally finished my drawing of a Rene Bull,,,,it took all my half hour lunches in July:D it was difficult because I quite didnt know where to start......hope to do more this month...tyree:wave:

trafford
08-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Very nice slide show, Sandra. Par†ial to those lizards.

Keep at it Tyree! :heart:

tyree
08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I did finish it...and now Im working on Junes geraniums and statues....where is everyone...???? tyree:D

ryster007
08-22-2012, 08:34 AM
I've been having an art vacation for a few weeks now but I sense its coming to an end as I've got a stack of new ideas I want to work up.

Life had been pretty hectic but is now calming down a bit and I can now face the mess that my studio is in!!
Ryan

artbyjune
08-22-2012, 12:44 PM
I am having household problems. Waiting for repair men who didn't show. I have blocked sinks!! yukk.

ryster007
08-24-2012, 04:38 AM
There's nothing worse than waiting in all day for a repair man or delivery and they never show! Drives me mad!!

Ryan

tyree
08-24-2012, 07:50 AM
sandra....just checked out your side shows....really wonderful pieces....well done!!!! tyree:wave:

artbyjune
08-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi All. Nice to see you back again, Ryan. Are you still experimenting with mixed media?

My repair man came and fixed the sinks. (After I phoned again). So now I am happy. Nothing worse than blocked sinks.

I also loved your video of art, Sandra...a good idea to put them together like that!!