PDA

View Full Version : Poetry, Deal With it. :P

Meeko12
07-20-2003, 06:24 AM
Okay, wrote this poem a few months after watching Haibane Renmei...Extremely distrubing anime, but all in all very educational. This is what came of it...Hope you like. =)

Umm, because of the size...You can't really see the poem...So I'll type it out here.

!~Transformation~!

When the time comes,
Step away from the sun.
Raise your arms in the air,
You know you're the one.

The feeling is awkward,
But you know that it's right.
Embracing the darkness,
Pulled through to the light.

You won't understand it,
You won't fight it though.
The feelings you feel,
They don't really show.

Your back burns like fire,
Your body's a new height.
Don't want to escape,
Not daring to fight.

Every inch of your body,
Is stripped and left bare.
Every portion was glowing,
Down to the last hair.

Two lumps on your back,
Push hard at your skin.
Piercing harshly to form,
Dove white wings from within.

When the session's complete,
You look down at yourself.
You're confused if at which,
You're in sickness or health.

Looking down to the water,
You see yourself in a haze.
Those brilliant white wings,
Spread out and ablaze.

As the wings start to flap,
Gliding up to the light.
The beautiful being,
Takes its first flight

By: Tiffany Amanda Sherwood.

DanaT
07-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Hmm, Tiffany, that's beautiful and disturbing at the same time. Who wouldn't want wings but who would want to go through the torment of growing them?

Meeko12
07-21-2003, 02:57 AM
Thats exactly it...How can something so beautiful originate from such pain? The same way our whole lives originate from it...The same way everything seems to originate from it...

In order to accomplish something beautiful, first we must earn it.

^_^

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy having an opinion voiced on my works. :cat:

-Tifa.

CarlyHardy
07-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Your poem brought to mind the struggle with which the butterfly undertakes as it breaks forth from the cocoon. Without the struggle, its wing structure would be weakened and misshapened and it would be unable to fly...easy prey for birds and other animals. Thus, aiding the creature in its struggle to escape the restraints of the cocoon is doing more harm than one can realize. Even watching and seeing its halting attempts at flight, one might not equate his ease of escape with his inability to fly.

How alike are we...when struggle comes, we often want to seek the first way out...not realizing that the struggle can be a vessal for building character and strengthening our resolve to face the future without fear knowing that trials are often for our benefit.

Didn't mean to get philosophical!
carly

Maysun
07-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi, Tiffany !

That is just so BEAUTIFUL - I wish I could write poetry, but I just don't have a poetic soul, I guess - am great at admiring though - would love to admire more of your poems - you have any more on this site ?

Maysun :)

Meeko12
07-29-2003, 08:50 AM
A very similar process, CHClements. I'm glad you noticed the similarity because that's the exact feeling I get...The two are very similar! Although, with an angel it's a lot more bloody and gory, but it pays off just as much in the end. Everytime I think of angel's growing wings it makes my dream of maybe one day growing my own that much more close to the heart!

Even though I know somewhere inside of me...that it will never happen, I still like to dream.

Umm, Sorry I didn't catch the name of the person who asked if I have more poetry online? Well, I do have more poetry online. I do I do I do! I just don't really have it in a place where people would want to see it. I could always post it here. I believe poetry is a form of art....I don't know it other people think the same.

Though, I have to say...Of all my poems that had to be the best.

^_^;;

-Tifa.