PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 20 July 2003

E-J
07-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Morning everyone!

The sun woke me up at 7am, so I've been up having a squizz at the threads I missed yesterday when I was out drinking in London. Seems there was a rush on in the weekly sketch thread!

The good news is that my cold finally seems to be gone. The bad news is that I've woken up with conjunctivitis/pink-eye :( It's making the vision in my left eye quite blurry, but I'm not going to let it stop me pastelling. I plan to play around with techniques à la Bill Creevy. He uses a lot of fixative to create texture and some lovely scumbled effects. I'm not usually very adventurous in my use of techniques so fancy trying something different.

Whatever you're filling Sunday with, enjoy :)

Mo.
07-20-2003, 07:38 AM
Hi all... it's afternoon here now... lunch time to be exact... I'm hungry too :D.... E-J Good that your cold has gone, maybe the pink eye, is a reaction from it? Be careful with that it can be nasty........I've been trying some new techniques too, very therapeutic... quite pleased with how it's progressing too....

Have a great relaxing Sunday everyone.:)

Kathryn Wilson
07-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Good Morning Everybody - hot and clear here in North Carolina. Mid-morning and I am chomping at the bit to work some more on my Oil Pastel experiments.

bnoonan
07-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Morning all - EJ - easy does it. I always think I'm going to take off my glasses sometime and paint that way. I figure it's a direct way to paint looser.

Mo - happy new styles and Kat - go do those OP's!

We're serving a fabulous brunch this morning to friends and it's the bacon that smells so delicious while I type that's inspiring me.
We've also got plans to go to the symphony to an outdoor lawn concert in the park. I love being outdoors.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll be back to check in more once Mom leaves.

Barb

angeline
07-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Evening all..........I'm off to work soon and just popped in to see whats happening............I forgot my camera last night so might just bring the long awaited naked man home and scan him in in the morning.
I have also been browsing the drawing and sketching forum and joined in a self portrait thing.........been practising drawing eyes.....its a popular thread and is fun.
I need to get more practise in as i'm being asked to do portraits!
Not much more news to share i'm afraid......been sleeping all day...........lol

Dyin
07-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Hayley...that's an excellent project on the drawing forum...I follow because my friend Cindy is doing it...it's really helped her a lot...
glad you are having fun Barb...been missing you
Mo...nice technique for your latest.... but, sniff, I don't have the faintest idea how you got that effect..boohoo....because SOMEONE didn't SHARE their process....:crying: :confused: :mad: :D
Oh E-J, that's awful...hope you get it cleared up soon...remember to share what you learn!!!!

Dyin
07-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Angeline...your nude rated me a butt icon on my WIP! I thought...what on earth??? Then it hit...and looks like there's been a lot more looksees since lol!!!!

Vegas Art Guy
07-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Well, I think that I am starting to get over my cold. I actually slept well for the first time in 2 weeks (Probably why I got the cold in the first place) Friday nite was no fun. 2 Thunderstorms that nite. What made it worse is that my dog Picasso HATES thunderstorms (big wuss) so at 10:30pm he's shaking the whole bed and whining (he goes 70lbs) until about midnite, THEN at 4:30 we get a repeat performance from him, at that point I put him in the downstairs bathroom so my wife and I (St. Kim) could get some sleep. Today was a rest and recover day. Hope to start drawing and painting again this week. Summer colds suck.