PDA

View Full Version : Sketching a gate of an old abandoned house

Mostho
08-01-2012, 02:34 AM
This sketching of an old gate belonging to abandoned house made some days ago and I forgot about it. So this is also the beauty of opening and reopening the sketch pad: seeing what done and in a certain way, to live again that moments.

I am very attracted from this gate, because it belongs to an abandoned house near the sea (and I say everything, to me it's my dream...) that takes a lot of light on every moment of the day. To enter in this estate there is an old street that with a lot of stones in the middle so to stop any car ,and on the sides there are a lot of agave plants. These agave plants are really big and are also wroth to be sketched later with the entrance. By the way I think i will go there again to do some sketching at the sunset, one day more.

So I decided to go there for sketching in this hot summer and enjoyed a lot. The reason are that I was in the right mood for sketching was the sound of the waves of the near shores, and there was also a lot of cicadas playing their music . Sitting almost on the ground on a small stone over the street the brings to the opening, fighting against order of ants that were climbing my legs trying to reach my pants. So very funny. I never went out of focus so first I draw it lightly with a pencil and later I went with ink.

http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/wp-content/uploads/Sketching-of-gate-of-abandoned-house-30072012.jpg

Hope you will like it.
Cheers!
:wave:

Joan T
08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't blame you for wanting to go there and sketch. Looks like a great spot. I'm often attracted to abandoned or neglected buildings and walls. This came out really nice!!

DrDebby
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Delightful sketch. Your description of the occasion with sounds and ants added to it. Thanks.

Marmsk
08-03-2012, 04:19 PM
I like it. Nicely done.

RainySea
08-03-2012, 06:10 PM
great job on the gate. I like how you set up the page with the bordering and text, and also admire the darker colored tree/bush (pine?) and how you captured it.

Mostho
08-06-2012, 08:20 AM
great job on the gate. I like how you set up the page with the bordering and text, and also admire the darker colored tree/bush (pine?) and how you captured it.

Thank you a lot,
they are pines as you said!

thevaliantx
08-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Mostho, do you ever just graphite or colored pencils? If so, I bet you ..... if you were so inclined, could literally lay on your belly and get caught up in drawing the fine details of the fence pickets. I too LOVE abandoned houses, especially colonial ones where tulips and flowers (that a long deceased owner of the home planted around the house) still make their way up in spring. :)

Mostho
08-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Mostho, do you ever just graphite or colored pencils? If so, I bet you ..... if you were so inclined, could literally lay on your belly and get caught up in drawing the fine details of the fence pickets. I too LOVE abandoned houses, especially colonial ones where tulips and flowers (that a long deceased owner of the home planted around the house) still make their way up in spring. :)

Mate,
I like a lot colored pencils expecially the softer washable ones.
The way you are showing to paint is so fashionable and I love too.
But I will need to bring with me a bigger bag, instead of going around with my easy grab bag (http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/my-sketching-grab-bag/) as I do daily around.
But the way you are telling me is something I love a lot, especially in the house or when I have some more time for sketching.

Thank you!

eyepaint
08-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Gorgeous!