PDA

View Full Version : first lino

Nihil_Initio
07-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey all, This is my first post in printing....I dont do a lot of prints (Only had one class) but I sure do like the results!

This is the first print I ever did. It is a lino, and it is representative of the cracks in an old tree stump outside the Art Building. I intended it to be white with black lines, but carved it wrong and got black with white lines instead. I think it works better this way, so I'm pleased! A bit more abstract-looking.

Thanks for looking, and as always, Comments and Crits are welcome...and I dont need coddling. LOL. :D

Nihil

Dave's in Florida
07-19-2003, 12:56 PM
N_I:

That's a cool print! I love it when what I envision turns out so differently, and many times better than what I thought it should be.

Thanks for showing it --

Dave

sassybird
07-23-2003, 09:27 AM
I had to laugh when you said what you had done, because I have done the exact same thing. Here is what I have done to insure that what I put down comes out the way I want it to. I started working on black Somerset paper instead of white.....lol I do like how this came out though. We all have our times with those 'happy mistakes':D

Nihil_Initio
07-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Thats a clever trick sassy! I'll have to remember that!

I guess reversing the negative is common among beginners....LOL.

Nihil

talkingbanana
07-24-2003, 01:29 PM
I like it! :D

Try printing it on black paper with white ink and then frame the two versions together side-by-side - I think that would be a neat piece. :cool: